Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdynebraskan

It's a new year for the Beat Every NES Game challenge thread over at Nintendo Age.

Yesterday, I knocked out Yo! Noid and Captain America and the Avengers for the thread. (Second-time completions on both titles.) I'd been practicing Noid for a couple of days (read: playing until I exhausted my continues... damn that game is frustrating). But I actually 1CCed it yesterday, which was pretty surprising and impressive. I didn't improve too much on Cap'n, though. It took me about 6 hours of off-and-on playing to knock out Red Skull and see the ending there. That game really drags on with the repetitive stages, especially with all of the backtracking every time Cap or Hawkeye gets defeated and captured.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

P

Nice work!

I 1CCed Wild Guns for Super Famicom for the first time.

Cheetahmen

Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger. I know sod all about Super Sentai but I decided I was gonna play the Famicom games released on my b-day and I ended up beating it. Not sure if should try beating Tom & Jerry as well (not gonna bother with Ferrari as it's a dull racing game I don't care for)
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

b1aCkDeA7h

Protoman

Mega Man Battle Network 3 White

The last boss went down surprisingly easy, first try. Next to last was Bass and he was harder, had to fight him 5+ times. Damn 100 point aura...

Shumi Nagaremono

Picked up a PSP for some of the classic collections. 

Beat Gradius.

Good lord, Gradius (and even more the sequels) are frustrating as hell.  But so much fun. 

L___E___T

You bet.  Well done for beating NG1 - not an easy task..
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Protoman on January 23, 2016, 02:37:40 am

The last boss went down surprisingly easy, first try. Next to last was Bass and he was harder, had to fight him 5+ times. Damn 100 point aura...

Are you going to play Battle Chip Challenge?

Despite what people reviewers say, I think it's a fun little diversion.

Protoman

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on January 27, 2016, 07:01:56 pm
Quote from: Protoman on January 23, 2016, 02:37:40 am

Are you going to play Battle Chip Challenge?

Despite what people reviewers say, I think it's a fun little diversion.

I doubt it, not my kind of genre...

In other news, beat Grand Theft Auto San Andreas last night. First time without any cheats whatsoever.

nerdynebraskan

Beat RBI Baseball 2 & 3 (NES) for the first time today. I'd been playing RBI 2 for the last few days, and once I finished it I just picked up 3 and powered through it as well. I think 3 may even be the same game with updated rosters and slightly improved computer AI. Still, it was kind of nice to finally finish a couple of games I'd rented as a kid.

Cheetahmen

Beat the Famicom version of Battletoads with save states towards the end. I'm sure I could beat this game without them with enough practice, although levels 9-11 are a pain IMO.

nerdynebraskan

I had a couple of first-time NES completions today, as well as beating Pac-Mania for the second time. I played through King's Quest V last-night-into-this-morning. I've not played the original PC version, but I can see why this is considered a butchered port. Then I played through Challenge of the Dragon this evening. It's a typically sloppy Color Dreams beat 'em up, with the horribly slippery physics. Not too difficult, though, especially with the continues.

Cheetahmen

Contra (NES), managed to do it without the lives cheat or continues ;D

BonBon

Castlevania Dracula x on the super famicom got the best ending!

MaxXimus