Famicom Internal Controller Pinout for Player 2

Started by infinitygred, September 24, 2016, 12:44:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

infinitygred

I've recently been rewiring the internal controller ports in my Famicom to output to NES plugs, the player 1 port went well and I've been using the 8Bitdo wireless receiver with it flawlessly and also converted the P1 controller into a plugin which I intend to use as a second controller until I get another receiver.

I started setting up the second controller but with no success, at this point it's either my soldering or my pinout. Here's my current diagram for my controller pinout, list reads from my NES extension cable to the Famicom cables. Any help would be great, the Famicom has been my introduction to soldering and electronics so I'm pretty new to all of this.

P1

WHITE -- GND -- BROWN

YELLOW -- CLOCK -- YELLOW

GREEN -- STROBE -- ORANGE

RED -- +5V -- WHITE

BLACK -- DATA -- RED    

P2

WHITE -- GND -- RED

YELLOW -- CLOCK -- WHITE

GREEN -- STROBE -- YELLOW

RED -- +5V -- BROWN

BLACK -- DATA -- ORANGE

Arkanix38

Be careful with the controller 2 pinout, as Pin 1 is actually MIC, then pins 2 to 6 are the same as pins 1 to 5 of the controller 1 connector

infinitygred

That's what I thought originally but then I guess I got mislead by another thread. I've tried the same pinout as the first controller, skipping the blue cable, though I still haven't got it working. Certain my soldering is fine, maybe it's just a dodgy adapter, the 8Bitdo receiver is a good tester for it as it has an LED on front, but yeah, it doesn't seem to be receiving any power.

infinitygred

Driving me nuts, I've gotten it down to at least having the 8Bitdo receiver flashing its LED for a second, even the regular controller isn't responding in the P2 port, but from what I can see the biggest issue I'm having is power.

Is there something I'm missing with the wiring? Can the mic port remain clipped or does it need to be routed somewhere? Does the second controller get less power than the P1 input? Any help would be much appreciated, this is the last mod I need to do until I can shut my famicom for good and stop playing with its guts.

jpx72

Quote from: infinitygred on September 28, 2016, 07:25:50 pm
, this is the last mod I need to do until I can shut my famicom for good and stop playing with its guts.

Haha :) you wish! Once you start....
(Sorry it's not supposed to be a helpfull reply :P )

infinitygred

Just ignore my search history that says I'm looking for a second famicom to play around with >_>

Dark_human

If you use the exp port instead it might be easier.

infinitygred

I originally built an adapter for the EXP but then found out it was incompatible with a few US titles (live in Australia so the famicom was the cheapest solution for playing J and US titles, no crappy PAL games for me), plus I've already dremeled the input slot for P2, haha... whoo