Topple Zip Pullbacks...what do you have...LTB.

Started by recordmahn, October 27, 2018, 08:11:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

recordmahn

Hey all, recordmahn here. I'm a longtime watcher of the site and a registered user for only a short time.
For the past couple of years I've been collecting FDS games.
One game in particular, Topple Zip, has caught my interest.

I was curious if anyone has a pullback spaceship from Topple Zip or know how many different ones were produced.

So far I have found 5. I'm looking to pick up others. What do you have?

famiac

recordmahn

famiac

80sFREAK

I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

MaxXimus

October 31, 2018, 09:24:42 pm #5 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:14:52 pm by MaxXimus
I think those are really neat! How big are they? They look tiny. I've never heard of the game but I'll check it out. I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

Ps:

I collect mini Luigi figurines. My kids have basically claimed them all though. Ah well. Joys of being a parent...:)

Jedi Master Baiter

Someone else interested in Topple Zip besides me? (only reason I know this game is because it's same developer as X-Men)

I didn't know about the figurines, though. Learn something everyday.

recordmahn

You can get an idea of their size here.
The pullback mechanism is the same one used in all of the ships.

recordmahn

Here's a new one I'm looking for. It's called Chitanchi.

Jedi Master Baiter

So are these sold as stand alones or does one come bundled with the game?

recordmahn

November 18, 2018, 01:46:41 pm #10 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:55:58 pm by recordmahn
I have only seen them with the game. It also seems that they come with games ported to other consoles.
The white one was included with an MXS Topple Zip.

All of mine feature the same text on the bottom. Same with the white one.

© BOTHTEC
     DESIGN
  YOSHITAKA

FDS-Hungry

November 29, 2022, 03:00:58 am #11 Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 05:04:47 pm by FDS-Hungry
I went down the topple zip rabbit hole and it looks like the yellow ones, are a MSX exclusive, while the green ones are famicom disk exclusive.  Very rarely do find them reversed, and those in my opinion, seem to be from an owner who happened to have both copies of the game and accidentally swapped the toys.  When they swapped the toys? Who knows.

I know the original poster recordman has said they have found 5 in total, but i havent seen anything other than green or yellows so far.  But I only researched this, to find out the true colour of the famicom toy.  I guess as the years go by, they get rarer and rarer.

FDS-Hungry

These images are from some recent auctions.  One of the toys seems to be yellow on the outside but green on the inside, which differs from the example picture from the back of the packaging.  The others are white on the outside and green on the inside.  I ordered a few and waiting for them to come in to get a better look.  Maybe each one didnt have an exclusive color and was just random during production?