ASSEMbler Games is Closing!

Started by PatMan33, June 01, 2019, 06:06:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PatMan33

NOTICE - This forum to close in 30 days

All of their drama and whatever aside, this represents a major loss in terms of knowledge. If there's anything you want to keep, make sure you archive threads and manuals now before the site closes at the end of June. Assembler is a treasure trove of obscure tips and tricks for all sorts of consoles and games.

petik1

I'm not up to date on all of the drama, but it's unfortunate to lose the forum. I know that archives are being made. I hope the community finds a new, more stable home.

P

What? Shouldn't there be people that can take it over? At least someone can back it up and make it searchable?
Uploaded files should be archived too.

MasterDisk

I haven't visited much AssemblerGames nor used it. I just remember some very annoying rules regarding the B/S/T boards that stated you had to make X number of posts before purchasing or selling.
I do remember reading some really great threads regarding unlicensed contents (notably hardware) as well as development tools. So it's still bothering to see it go. I don't know any of the recent events but I'm surprised they chose to close it rather than pass it on to someone else.

PatMan33

Quote from: P on June 02, 2019, 04:39:53 am
What? Shouldn't there be people that can take it over?

Quote from: MasterDisk on June 02, 2019, 04:49:48 am
I don't know any of the recent events but I'm surprised they chose to close it rather than pass it on to someone else.

From what I've been able to gather (I'm not a regular there) the guy in charge of the website straight-up refuses to let anyone take over or buy it. He's shutting it down and that's that.

boye

I hate to be rude, but I also made a thread about the event.
Also, the owner's practically digging ASSEMblergames's grave by refusing to let anyone buy it or take it over.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

Flying_Phoenix

P

Moving like in moving the content?

ericj

Too bad. Lots of good info on the forum there, especially the FDS copier stuff. The owner should sell the site or let someone else take it over.  >:(

Flying_Phoenix

Yes the database has been backed up and some content has already been ported. But I haven't followed the latest developments.