Forum Issues

Started by UglyJoe, January 19, 2020, 11:35:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

January 19, 2020, 11:35:41 am Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:26:50 am by UglyJoe
If something seems to be broken with the forum software, please post about it here.  I intend to use this first post as a sort of bootleg issue tracker.

0001 - The formatting buttons for making replies are just gray boxes.
0002 - Background is too orange for UglyJoe's taste.
0003 - Need a graphical logo in the upper left.
0004 - Menu in mobile view is white text on white background.
0005 - Some menu items in Admin area (and maybe elsewhere) are invisible unless you mouse-over them.
0006 - Get Glass Joe's ugly mug back on the read/unread forum icons.
0007 - Add assorted pixel art back on buttons.
0008 - Get the Feedback threads hooked back up in user profiles.
0009 - Quick reply uses a monospaced font for some reason.
0010 - Tapatalk plugin.
0011 - Get country flags working again.
0012 - Main navigation needs link to FW site.
0013 - Fix spoiler tag
0014 - Install anti-spam plugin
0015 - Add a "login" button next to the "sign-up" button
0016 - Change or get rid of the ugly "no avatar" avatar
0017 - Add per-post subject headers back into the thread view.
0018 - Look into global/user timezone settings.
0019 - Remove yes/no confirmation prompt when pressing "mark all as read" button.
0020 - Enable attachments to be posted in posts.
0021 - Add link to outbox from PM menu
0022 - Add more details to thread listing on mobile layout
0023 - Linking to specific posts does not work / Link to "new" posts in thread does not work
0024 - Contents of Spoiler tags are not visible to all guests/users.

test-utente

Hello, I am totally a legit person and not UglyJoe registering a new user to make sure registration still works and the anti-spam plugins isn't too overbearing.

test-utente

UglyJoe

Quote from: test-utente on January 19, 2020, 01:51:21 pmhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6AsdnSKtws
^ Look at what UglyJoe forgot to disable.

I'm here and I'm ruining everyone's embedded video fun.

Jedi Master Baiter

Are the 'likes' buttons really necessary?

Also, I had trouble finding the login button, expecting it to be next to the signup icon. Is this something you have control over?

I'm happy that that the small bricks were removed. ;D

I'm Jedi Master Baiter, and I'm here to ruin everyone's fun. :bomb:

UglyJoe

Quote from: Jedi Master Baiter on January 19, 2020, 06:10:45 pmAre the 'likes' buttons really necessary?

I turned them on to see what they would do.  If everyone hates them then I'll turn them back off.

Quote from: Jedi Master Baiter on January 19, 2020, 06:10:45 pmAlso, I had trouble finding the login button, expecting it to be next to the signup icon. Is this something you have control over?

I was thinking the same thing but wondered if it was just me :-[ .  I don't think there's a configuration for that but I can hack it in.

Quote from: Jedi Master Baiter on January 19, 2020, 06:10:45 pmI'm happy that that the small bricks were removed. ;D

Got it, add the bricks back ;D

famiac

Were subject lines not preserved on thread replies? They're gone in this update

UglyJoe

Quote from: famiac on January 20, 2020, 01:20:44 pmWere subject lines not preserved on thread replies? They're gone in this update

Looks like they are still around (they are on the Reply page) but they're not shown in the thread view.  I can see about adding them back in.

P

Quote from: Jedi Master Baiter on January 19, 2020, 06:10:45 pmI had trouble finding the login button, expecting it to be next to the signup icon.
I actually still haven't found it yet, although I somehow managed to log in.
I clicked on something I don't have access to as a non-user and was taken to the log-in form.

UglyJoe

Quote from: P on January 20, 2020, 04:01:09 pmI actually still haven't found it yet, although I somehow managed to log in.

When you're not logged in, it's in the white bar that runs across the top.

P

Oh that white bar. I didn't notice it. Thanks!

xIceMan

Another issue I'm having is time zone.
When I choose my time zone (UTC+1 = CET) the time is 4h ahead instead of giving me the correct time it's supposed to. This was also an issue on the old forum version

Ghegs

January 21, 2020, 08:15:55 am #12 Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 08:38:14 am by Ghegs
Not an issue as such, but something I hope can be changed. When you click "Mark all messages as read" on the main forum page you get a browser message "www.famicomworld.com says: Are you sure you want to mark messages as read? OK/Cancel".

The extra confirmation isn't really needed, and on a personal note, in an effort to battle RSI I try not to use the mouse at all when I'm at home, instead relying on keyboard only for better ergonomics. With Chrome I use the plugin Vimium which allows for easy navigation without needing a mouse. But that browser message forces me to reach over to the mouse to click it away.

EDIT: Actually, you can just click that with arrows + enter/space. So I'm good. Still, the question is kind of unnecessary.

UglyJoe

Quote from: xIceMan on January 21, 2020, 07:29:09 amWhen I choose my time zone (UTC+1 = CET) the time is 4h ahead instead of giving me the correct time it's supposed to. This was also an issue on the old forum version

Probably some time zone property I need to change.  I'll look into it.

Quote from: Ghegs on January 21, 2020, 08:15:55 amNot an issue as such, but something I hope can be changed. When you click "Mark all messages as read" on the main forum page you get a browser message "www.famicomworld.com says: Are you sure you want to mark messages as read? OK/Cancel".

The extra confirmation isn't really needed

I can look into changing it.  It didn't prompt in the older version so I don't see why we'd need to now.

Quote from: Ghegs on January 21, 2020, 08:15:55 amWith Chrome I use the plugin Vimium

Hecka yeah.  Vimium is great.

Jedi Master Baiter

Not a big deal, but trying to attach images in text (instead of the bottom) is broken? https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=14642.msg186064#msg186064

It just shows the text for me.