Famicom Disk System WANT LIST / Want To BUY

Started by c0op3r, April 21, 2020, 09:52:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho

Not bad!  If nothing else you can hopefully flip the lot and get your money back!

portnoyd

From my end, the two Japan Post packages that have sat there for 2 months FINALLY got onto an airplane out of Tokyo. The packages literally moved 20 minutes after I sat down to send an email to the seller and ask him for a refund (which I would return if the packages showed up).

c0op3r

Yeah - one of mine just moved and now is in the US - unfortunately I ordered and received both of the games from a US seller.  I did receive a refund also, so I will have to contact the seller and see what they want to do.

The one I want is from the same seller but its 5 games and nothing on it and movement - doh!

Sho

My last two packages just started moving!  One is in NY and I'll get it tomorrow.  The second one should come on Wednesday.  Pretty happy it's finally over.... for now XD

c0op3r

I know many are not following it and that is ok - but I updated the list (original post) I am down to 16 disk now.

Of course some of those are stupid expensive!

c0op3r

Quote from: portnoyd on May 21, 2020, 08:27:48 amFrom my end, the two Japan Post packages that have sat there for 2 months FINALLY got onto an airplane out of Tokyo. The packages literally moved 20 minutes after I sat down to send an email to the seller and ask him for a refund (which I would return if the packages showed up).

I still never saw any of my other orders, but I have received refunds - I ended up tracking most of them down again on Yahoo Actions.

Funny thing happened we talked about getting the instructions for the Diskwriter only games/disk, I ended up getting several of them since we posted 2 from Yahoo auctions and 5 more from someone here.

portnoyd

May 28, 2020, 12:53:15 pm #21 Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:13:15 pm by portnoyd
Quote from: c0op3r on May 27, 2020, 06:18:58 pmI know many are not following it and that is ok - but I updated the list (original post) I am down to 16 disk now.

Of course some of those are stupid expensive!

Definitely curious to see which ones make up the last 10 and last 5. It's interesting to see which ones remain by either cost or availability. I'm guessing Teachers, Tarot, Silvania and either Kick Challenger or Fairytale.

c0op3r

Quote from: portnoyd on May 28, 2020, 12:53:15 pmDefinitely curious to see which ones make up the last 10 and last 5. It's interesting to see which ones remain by either cost or availability. I'm guessing Teachers, Tarot, Silvania and either Kick Challenger or Fairytale.

Teachers, I am sure are going to be in the last 5, for 2 reason, number one - not a game, and number 2 stupid expensive.

I am still a little ButtHurt over Kick Challenger, there was one on Yahoo Japan I had bid on, every other game I have bid on there, no one else bothered to bid, so my bid was barely above the asking needless to say, that was not the case with that one.  I have not seen another listed yet.  I wont make that mistake again.

I did get one of the Gold Diskun Disk (the US coarse) still need the other one for the collection also.

c0op3r

Quote from: portnoyd on April 29, 2020, 02:10:35 pmQuestion for you: for Diskwriter Only games, how far are you going with them? I see it as 3 ways to go about it:

1. Game on disk, label doesn't match game or disk is blank, no instructions
2. Game on disk, proper label, no instructions
3. Game on disk, proper label, instructions

Just curious to how you are going about it. I'm looking at as #2, because the manuals generally don't mesh up with the retail games and I'm anal retentive that way. Not a great reason, but it's a reason.  Another question: have you been matching up game codes with the game to the outer box? (I haven't, so much for being anal retentive!)  I have been buying cheapo complete games to harvest outer cases, disk cases, sleeves and disks (if I buy NOS labels) which has been handy - opens up a lot more options if you can piece it together.

Good luck on wrapping it up. It's a fairly easy set to complete, Teachers aside. I will probably wrap up my set down the road (especially because Japan shipping is such a disaster right now) so you won't get much competition from me. Also by your list above, it seems you have VS Clu Clu Land, which is a big hump.

Speaking of the Teachers, if you don't mind, let us know here how you got them and how much you paid when you do. The only time I saw them for sale in the past 18 months was on Yahoo Japan and they weren't even complete.

I just wanted to share. I got a few new Instruction sheets today.

c0op3r

Quote from: portnoyd on May 28, 2020, 12:53:15 pmDefinitely curious to see which ones make up the last 10 and last 5. It's interesting to see which ones remain by either cost or availability. I'm guessing Teachers, Tarot, Silvania and either Kick Challenger or Fairytale.

So I am below 10 games needed now for the collection, well I think its 8 now.  I was about to buy the I am a Teacher: Teami no Kiso    then the seller raised the price to 1200$US, I am not paying that just to own it!

I did get Fairytale

portnoyd

Offer what he originally had it at, or lower. Sure, it's the lone copy out there for sale, but the market is probably not many more than those of us who posted in this thread.

Sho

Yeah.  I'm almost certain we are the market now, lol.

c0op3r

Fact - its not going anyplace fast, it did not sell at 510 its not going to sell at 1200$.

Also I would really rather have the Gold Japan Golf course disk before the I am teacher, Golf I can actually play.

I am thinking that he market the I am teacher up cause I showed interest and he does not really want to sell it, its like one of those things that brings people into the store to look at other things.

portnoyd

That dude has the choicest of stuff. If he's not looking to sell, I don't know if he wants to sell anything because it's all top tier.

The real question is if you are going to do both gold Golfs, how deep are you going to go? All Night Nippon? Charumera Zelda? Wakushi Aton Gaiden?

c0op3r

Quote from: portnoyd on June 09, 2020, 11:37:21 amThat dude has the choicest of stuff. If he's not looking to sell, I don't know if he wants to sell anything because it's all top tier.

The real question is if you are going to do both gold Golfs, how deep are you going to go? All Night Nippon? Charumera Zelda? Wakushi Aton Gaiden?

Yes to both gold disk golf(s)
Already have All Night Nippon (only disk with sleeves and case no outer box or instructions)
Charumera Zelda - not yet but would love to have one.
Wakusei Aton Gaiden - I wont be paying for this one, if it came with a collection or a group I buy great, but its not really a game so it extremely low on my want list.

Did you see the Fan Reproduction of Aliens that was listed on eBay?  Kinda neat, I am not paying 100$ for it but it was neat.