Famicom Body Texture

Started by TDownit_Strider, July 03, 2020, 05:52:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TDownit_Strider

I was wondering while cleaning my Famicom, since parts of it are textured(like the bottom), and parts are smooth. Which one is the top half supposed to be? Need to know, so I know what I can use to effectively clean it, without ruining the feel. There's some tough dirt on there.

FAMICOM_87

I do not clearly understand what you are taring to describe ,but to clean textured part just  put all in warm soupy water and leave it like that for some time, then just rub it lightly with sponge

boye

He's talking about the texture of the plastic.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

TDownit_Strider

Yeah, I want to know if it's textured like the NES and SNES, or if it's smooth. That way, I can know whether more rough cleaning methods will harm it.

FAMICOM_87

why you ask, just look it :D it have textures top but from sides it is smooth ,I do not understand the point , you can clean it I as I described you regardless if it has or hasn't texture

TDownit_Strider

Late reply, but the reason I ask is that this dirt has been particularly resistant to most things I've tried, so I was going to move on to more abrasive methods, and I wanted to keep the original texture as best as possible. Though I admit, I haven't tried soaking it for longer than a few hours. How long would you recommend?

P

Is it so dirty that you can't tell if it's textured or smooth? Both parts should be textured on most Famicoms, but I think the bottom red part is smooth on older Famicoms.

TDownit_Strider

Oh no, both textured. It's just that using baking soda is slightly abrasive, so I didn't want to use it if it would create a smooth spot. I also wasn'g sure initially if the texture was purposeful or not, but now I know.