Cool discreet NES famiclon, but wit problems!

Started by FAMICOM_87, October 02, 2020, 03:58:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FAMICOM_87

October 02, 2020, 03:58:25 pm Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 04:08:31 pm by FAMICOM_87
I got very cool discreet NES famiclon, but wit problems!
Very poor designed trace to the video amplifier, check the screen shot , this is from compost video not RF!
Also check the missing filtering caps, what is the value you suggest to add in those spots ? I am planning to add a new video amplifier and disable the existing one .
Also looc I have 2 Adapters from 60 to 72 pin, on of them is modded from the factory , and other one is the newer revision may be and it was not MODed , but why there are mismatched pins in the first place? On my NES POREWPACK with those adapters the games runs are like "fancy Mario" with fucked up horizontal scrolling , you are see the further screen, and not one you suppose to be on. So I am planning to remove this MOD from one of the adapters and make it like it shod be in the first place .

FAMICOM_87

And here is the screen shot and the close up video amplifier from pin 21 to the video output.

BTW I forgot to mention that the original controllers (EU) do not work on this only pirates , I have to try to short the 2 resistors inside the European controllers to see if this is the problem .

P

Is the original controllers the "NES-004" or "NES-004E" type? Certain PAL NES systems requires the latter type due to some extra diodes in the controller port. Maybe your clone also has those diodes? Shortening the resistors in the controller won't do you any good. It's the diodes in the controller port that are the culprits. The NES-004E controllers are universal and should work on any NES or Famicom, so don't touch those resistors.

You probably knows this, but pin adapters are often modded because stock ones are often not wiring all pins correctly (usually expansion audio pins and the 4-screen mirroring one). But if mirroring is wrong I guess the modder simply made a mistake. Where did you get them?

FAMICOM_87

October 03, 2020, 02:25:53 pm #3 Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:34:57 pm by FAMICOM_87
yea my controllers are NES-004E. I mistakes the resistors with those e diodes inside controller ports so I men to remove them not short them. I know that in EU NESes there are diodes on the controller ports and EU controllers have resistors inside, so they work, but US NESes do not have nothing inside nether in the controllers or console it self .But here in my case is the opposite situation , EU controller with resistors do not work in this clone without diodes inside of-course .I have one pirate NES controllers without any resistors inside and it works. (BTW for the first time my EU controllers do not work in NES Clone,  strange.

About the 60 to 72 pin adapters they are from this NES clone , the one with orange wires is from it and the other one is from another NES clone with the same exact case, but NOAC glob-top (PPU and CPU) with discreet RAM chips , suffered from the same bad video signal, but I repurposed it's case for other project and leave the board for parts (RAM and Crystal) 
So can you suggest me what value filtering caps to put on this one, before proceeding with adding another video amplifier?

P

Oh so you have NES-004E and those doesn't work? Funny since they are supposed to be universal. But this is a clone so anything goes. I never had any NES-004E myself since Scandinavian controllers are always NES-004 without resistors.

As for the values of the caps, I wish I could help but I can't. I think you know more about electronics than me.

FAMICOM_87

I added 104 caps on rectangular points and 1uF electronics on cyrcle points, but the image got even worse :( with more diagonal moving interferences