April 19, 2024, 04:27:31 pm

Finally got a famicom!

Started by Sentientprism, June 27, 2021, 06:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentientprism

My AV modded red/white famicom has arrived, and I'm ecstatic! It came with Shonen Jump, Pinball, and Ninja Gaiden. The controllers are pretty messed up, but its in good shape otherwise. I've been a fan of it for a while, but had restricted access to electronics, but everything's lined up, my stuffs back, and I have the console I've been obsessed with for years in my possession. ;D
Anyone remember the name of that weird Japanese NES?

adori_12

Nice! Hope you enjoy it.  :D  Usually people start with the original Famicom and then move to other systems such as the AV Famicom or the Twin, are you considering to buy one of those later or is your current one your definitive system?
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

senseiman

Welcome to the Famicom club!!  They are the best!

Sentientprism

Quote from: adori_12 on June 28, 2021, 06:45:14 amNice! Hope you enjoy it.  :D  Usually people start with the original Famicom and then move to other systems such as the AV Famicom or the Twin, are you considering to buy one of those later or is your current one your definitive system?
I'm probably gonna stick to this one. Might replace the controllers though, doesn't seem terribly difficult.

adori_12

Replacing them is indeed pretty easy, you just have to unplug them from the PCB, no desoldering or anything. Actually getting replacement controllers is a bit more difficult, but I'm sure you'll find some eventually.
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

P

Yeah welcome to the club! ;D Those games are not bad either, congratulations!

Are the controllers unresponsive or just aesthetically in poor condition and dirty? The faceplates are more often than not in very poor condition, and membranes usually wear out (but are easy to replace) but the PCB is probably fine. The cord can also get stiff, and the microphone volume slider gets oxidized easily which can cause permanent noise on the audio line until the slider is removed or cleaned/replaced.

Sentientprism

Quote from: P on July 09, 2021, 03:07:16 pmYeah welcome to the club! ;D Those games are not bad either, congratulations!

Are the controllers unresponsive or just aesthetically in poor condition and dirty? The faceplates are more often than not in very poor condition, and membranes usually wear out (but are easy to replace) but the PCB is probably fine. The cord can also get stiff, and the microphone volume slider gets oxidized easily which can cause permanent noise on the audio line until the slider is removed or cleaned/replaced.

Just aesthetically, thats why its not a high priority for me.

P

Good to hear. Now get some games and have fun! :)