Forum Issues

Started by UglyJoe, January 19, 2020, 11:35:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

That's a perfect case for why we don't need video embeds.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

boye

I know this isn't an issue per se, but I feel the brick wall and the old design in general should be brought back. And yes, I have made this clear in other threads, but I  feel this needs to be said again.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

ChaosWare

I am having a weird issue where I can't respond to pm's

every time I try to send a pm, the captcha will automatically complete, but when I click send, I will get an error along the lines of "Captcha verification failed." I have also tried this on two browsers and different computers, but get the same error every time

UglyJoe

Quote from: ChaosWare on March 20, 2020, 01:38:24 pmI am having a weird issue where I can't respond to pm's

every time I try to send a pm, the captcha will automatically complete, but when I click send, I will get an error along the lines of "Captcha verification failed." I have also tried this on two browsers and different computers, but get the same error every time

Hmm...yes, that does seem to be happening.  I have disabled that captcha (for now).

dingsbums

Thanks to UglyJoe & Ghegs for fixing my log-in problem.

adori_12

It seems I'm not getting emails from the site. I enabled them for every single case you can receive them, but still nothing. My time zone is also incorrect, the site does save the time zone I pick, but it doesn't actually match with the one my profile displays. How can this be fixed?
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

UglyJoe

Quote from: adori_12 on April 28, 2020, 12:56:12 pmIt seems I'm not getting emails from the site. I enabled them for every single case you can receive them, but still nothing.

I just updated the email settings, so hopefully it will fix things.  I sent you a PM, so please let me know if you receive an email notification about it.

Quote from: adori_12 on April 28, 2020, 12:56:12 pmMy time zone is also incorrect, the site does save the time zone I pick, but it doesn't actually match with the one my profile displays. How can this be fixed?

I don't see any additional settings that I could be changing here to fix this.  I'm working on another forum upgrade, so maybe it'll be fixed when that gets deployed.

adori_12

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 02, 2020, 09:42:32 amI just updated the email settings, so hopefully it will fix things.  I sent you a PM, so please let me know if you receive an email notification about it.

It worked! Thanks!
Quote from: UglyJoe on May 02, 2020, 09:42:32 amI don't see any additional settings that I could be changing here to fix this.  I'm working on another forum upgrade, so maybe it'll be fixed when that gets deployed.
I see. Don't worry, it's not a big nuisance.  :)
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

L___E___T

Quick Question - is there a problem with the site?  I'm getting an Internal Server Error that won't let me reply to PMs :(
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

The webhost updated to a newer version of PHP and that caused a bunch of issues.

I've patched up things as best I can for now, but really will need to upgrade the forum again the next time I have a free weekend (which probably isn't until like...September sometime).

Let me know if things are still broken and I'll peek at the error logs again.

L___E___T

Thanks for the update - no I'm still getting a 500 Internal Server that is not allowing me to send any PMs, even though I can receive them - very odd!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

Quote from: L___E___T on August 12, 2021, 04:51:04 amThanks for the update - no I'm still getting a 500 Internal Server that is not allowing me to send any PMs, even though I can receive them - very odd!

I think I figured it out.  I just sent you a PM trying to explain it.

L___E___T

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

September 25, 2022, 09:14:14 pm #58 Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 05:25:26 pm by UglyJoe
Looks like the forum hasn't been sending email for about a month :'(

I'm sorry for any problems this may be causing anybody.

I'll try to get it sorted out this week.

UPDATE: seems to be working now that I gave google a kick in the rear.