Sharp C1 - Internal shots, anyone?

Started by Dejah.Thoris, February 28, 2023, 11:32:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dejah.Thoris

Looking for shots of the chassis if possible.  Top side, especially any identifying silkscreen markings.

Trying to help a friend (from afar, currently in storage until next month) in repairing their 14" C1.

The primary transformer isn't outputting any voltages (broken internally, yay), and I am hoping to find another Sharp era TV from which I can steal a transformer. 

Good news is that Sharp's manuals list the chassis right on the front page of the manual, so finding a donor should not be hard once I know what chassis is in the C1 itself.  It seems they used a lot of Sigma 7000 and 9000 chassis in that era, but I'm not too sure what's in the C1.

Any assistance at all would be appreciated!

famiac

if they wanna sell the monitor and be done with it, let me know :PP

Dejah.Thoris

Quote from: famiac on March 05, 2023, 04:33:43 pmif they wanna sell the monitor and be done with it, let me know :PP

I promise you they don't.  Ha.

Just bought one myself and will be using mine to help my friend fix theirs since no one here seems to know anything about them unfortunately.

famiac

So you'll still have a broken one after you take the transformer to make your friend's machine work? Again, let me know if you wanna get rid of it.

Tw3ek

Chassis is PWBF2942CE

If you find a suitable donor, please let me know, as I'm still trying to get mine up and running  ;D

fcgamer

I only got the sampo one, would pics of that help? What exactly do you need pics of, btw, in terms that a non tech guy could understand
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Tw3ek

Quote from: fcgamer on June 01, 2023, 12:17:37 amI only got the sampo one, would pics of that help? What exactly do you need pics of, btw, in terms that a non tech guy could understand

Not OP, but does your flyback transformer happen to have a part or model number on the side? Would be interested to know if the Sampo used the same as the C1.