Family Computer 1983-1994 history book

Started by JC, October 29, 2006, 05:53:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

You know that cool Famicom history book by the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography? Well, I got my copy yesterday and inside of it there's a webpage address. If you go there, you can find these books for $34 shipped, which is a pretty good price, considering I just paid $50 shipped for mine. For those of you who might be interested, the link is below. You have to click on "Amazon" and then create an account (assuming you don't have one). If you pick the slower shipping, the book will cost only $34 shipped. With the faster shipping, it's something like $46. I went through the process all the way to the "Place Order" button.

HERE

featherplucknfilms

Wow, good find.  Everyone should order up, totally worth 34 bucks!

Doc

You tell me this after I make purchases...UGH!

Profeta Yoshitake

Very cool!
JC, what are the contents of this amazing book?
Are there interviews with Nintendo of Japan masterminds
like Gunpei Yokoi, Miyamoto etc?
I'm considering to buy this one before Xmas!
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

JC

You should buy it! It's got every game officially released: a photo, the name, the release date, the original price, and the publisher. It's also got interviews with Shigeru Miyamoto, Shigesato Itoi, Yuji Horii, Kouichi Nakamura. Then it's got a short articles on some of the game, the good and the bad, plus other articles, like the development of baseball through the different gaming consoles. It's really worth it, but the English translations it uses aren't perfect; for instance, you'll find errors in some of the games' names.

Profeta Yoshitake

Hmmmm...
Cool!  :D
My main motivation is the word of the Masters behind the games!
Even because I think it is hard to any publication to beat the Famicomplete
in terms of Famicom games listing.
Unperfect translation?
I really don't care,  ;D!!!
My own English is way too poor!!!

Doc

Quote from: Profeta Yoshitake on October 30, 2006, 05:46:17 am

like Gunpei Yokoi

You'd have no luck with them getting an interview of him. He sadly died in 1997 in a car accident. :(

Cospefogo

Very cool!

Hey José Yoshitake,

This is the SAME book you saw here at my house months ago, with your own eyes and hands!
Are you getting elder? Forgetting basic facts that happen in your daily life?
(c:

Cheers, man!
Cosme.

Profeta Yoshitake

Quote from: Cospefogo on October 31, 2006, 11:09:04 am
Very cool!

Hey José Yoshitake,

This is the SAME book you saw here at my house months ago, with your own eyes and hands!
Are you getting elder? Forgetting basic facts that happen in your daily life?
(c:

Cheers, man!
Cosme.

Hahuauahuuahu!!!
My brains are currently storing the memories precisely at the Dark Side of the Moon,
Sheppherd!!  :D
Well, if this book is exactly the one my sacred hands blessed at Santa Maria, so be it!
I'm going to buy it!!!!

Josh

Awesome, it's by a museum!  I don't really see the Smithsonian publishing a book on NES games anytime soon...

So, what's up with this other Famicomplete book now?  How many of these kinds of books are there over in Japan?!  Not being able to fully read Japanese is becoming more and more of a deficiency...

Switchstance

You can see several pics and a review HERE
and about the LEVEL-X book, more info here LINK
Famicom lover

corisco

I went there! And I got a copy of that book too ;) I thought that  will be full of this japanese crazy otakus  over there but i saw a lot of "normal" guys and couples. There was a very big screen that anyone can play Xevious.
^^

JC

Awesome, man. It's cool that you were able to see that. Did they have any pictures at the exhibit that they did not put in the book?

Switchstance

I'm not able to get a book 'cause my location, it's there some copy in PDF or something, just to check em out ? :(
Famicom lover

Romeo

I was digging thru some boxes and found my Family Computer 1983-1994  history book.
It's got every single game in it. Quite a catalog!  :o

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-lu-77-2-49-en-15-famicom-70-ine-43-7y.html

I see Play Asia has one for Super Famicom, still for sale.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-lu-49-en-15-famicom-70-ind-43-7y.html