Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Blue Protoman

BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

UglyJoe

NintendoKing

If Armadillo II came to light we would have seen another excellent hack Mario game. Because original armadillo made one of the best mario pirates, Super Mario Bros IV.

JC

The screens of the second Armadillo look awesome. Wish it had been released. Maybe there's a proto out there that'll pop up. In the meantime, no Mario hack.

I bet there were several games developed for the FDS that never got released on disk because of the "quick" end of the Disk System -- also never released on cart, like some of the re-releases.

JC

cosmic-ark

J.C. that looks like a cool game do you know its name in english and was it released on other platforms?

turbo D

Legend of Hero Tonma is the name in english as well. It was released for turbografx-16 and pc-engine. It's a pretty cool arcade port. I own the turbografx-16 version. I can only imagine how cool it would have been on famicom. :)
FC HVC-001 HC4593710 CPU-GPM-02 1989
FDS HVC-022 D1072158 FD7201P 6602 + new belt!
My FF setup!

manuel

Looks neat. Maybe I'll have to find me the PC Engine version you mentioned.

Nintega

May 22, 2009, 03:21:33 pm #24 Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:06:10 pm by Nintega
Strider Hiryu  - Came out in the west but not in Japan
Black Dragon (Black Tiger)  (FDS) - Capcom cancelled it when Nintendo discontinued the FDS.
Arc Hound - Came out in the US as Contra Force

Rogles

( ยด_ゝ`)

UglyJoe

There was no JP release of it, no.  I'm not sure if there was a FC release planned, though.  Do you have magazine scans or fliers or something that can support that, Nintega?

Nintega

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 22, 2009, 05:45:53 pm
There was no JP release of it, no.  I'm not sure if there was a FC release planned, though.  Do you have magazine scans or fliers or something that can support that, Nintega?

Here is a video of the cancelled Famicom Strider Hiryu. Interesting enough, the game has a copyright of 1988 predating the arcade game. Maybe this was in development before it?

http://www.archive.org/details/strider-famicom

Jedi Master Baiter

I didn't know that! I learned something today.

UglyJoe

Wow, very cool.  Thanks for posting that!