March 29, 2024, 05:42:05 am

2010 Gaming Resolutions

Started by satoshi_matrix, December 24, 2009, 06:15:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

Anyone else want to set a gaming resolution?

Maybe if you hate RPG's you could try to finish one, or maybe you gave up half way through a certain game and you've never seemed to have the drive to return to it.

Maybe something broader? Maybe you don't currently have a next-gen system and will resolve to get one? Whatever the case may be, I hope to hear your gaming resolutions.

As for me, I resolve to get a PS3 and quit dealing with the RROD once and for all. Maybe.  ::)

Nightstar699

Try to beat Street Fighter Alpha 3 without exploiting cheap ass moves.  ::)
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

son_ov_hades

Beat MGS3 and MGS4, I've had both for months and only about halfway through 3 and barely touched 4.

Jedi Master Baiter

December 24, 2009, 10:43:38 pm #3 Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 04:14:18 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
Beat Mega Man 7 & 8 & 9

Also play Metal Gear Solid (finally!), beat Castlevania 2 (maybe this year) then Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country 2, Castlevania 3, & sometime Gradius III.

Yes, I have it all planned out. :)

Edit: Canning the Castlevania plan - I guess I'll save those for later.

nensondubois

Try to beat at least one *good* RPG. Super Mario RPG and Earthbound don't count.

nintendodork

Quote from: nensondubois on December 25, 2009, 07:01:30 am
Try to beat at least one *good* RPG. Super Mario RPG and Earthbound don't count.
I beat Earthbound within the week I got it, and since I got SMRPG for Christmas, looks like that's my RPG I'm going to be playing! :D and of course HGSS, but you already knew that.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomFreak

My resolution is to finish up my collection and I better do it because I am going far away for a while soon...har
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

cubelmariomadness

Play all power joy games. Excluding repeats! ;D
Sorry folks.

DDCecil

- Get Power Lords for the Odyssey2 so I can have a complete U.S. collection.
- Get a Japanese PS2.
- Attend Classic Gaming Expo 2010 in Las Vegas.
- Start rebuilding my collection with games I'll actually play.
- Finish up DDL and release it to the masses.
- Oh, and get more Famicom games and hopefully a Twin Famicom!

UglyJoe

My gaming resolution for 2010 is to play the games I have rather than purchasing new games.

TanookiSuitSam

my resolution is to stop gettin mad at video games.
hi

satoshi_matrix

Quote from: UglyJoe on December 28, 2009, 09:24:55 pm
My gaming resolution for 2010 is to play the games I have rather than purchasing new games.

I hear ya. Its so hard to follow that, its commendable.

KEVMAN569

1: Sell some of my systems/games I no longer play with and use that money to buy new systems/games.
2: Get my collection more organized.
3: Get a new TV and a new TV stand for my games. Maybe even some speakers
4: Focus on less systems, more games rather than more systems, less games.

NintendoNerds

Quote from: UglyJoe on December 28, 2009, 09:24:55 pm

Same goes with me  ;D I have so many games that I haven't even played yet. A lot of those games are great too. Also, a few games that I started and never finished are Retro Game Challenge (DS), New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (WiiWare). I'd like to at least finish those.

Nightstar699

January 02, 2010, 02:34:22 pm #14 Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 03:28:18 pm by Nightstar699
Yeah, Nightstar also has some unfinished games, like Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage. I tried again last night, but cant get past the Fantastic 4 level.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...