April 23, 2024, 05:56:41 pm

"Gangfeng" GB Boy

Started by wholesalewatch648, January 14, 2014, 05:03:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wholesalewatch648

i play on doing a full test with GB/GBC games on the one i get.I will post updates on this thread
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

MaxXimus

January 19, 2014, 02:39:26 pm #16 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:44:39 pm by MaxXimus
My guess is grey and black cartridges will work. Clear green won't.  On the one I bought, it claims it can play all gb gbc games.

Post Merge: January 19, 2014, 03:44:39 pm

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Video-game-console-handheld-system-clones-with-backlit-backlight-game-player-color-colourful-Kong-Feng-for/1566840708.html

this is the gb boy colour I ended up getting. The crystal blue looks awesome on it IMO. I also bought the Pokemon Red bootleg that is being displayed in the pictures. The entire cost was $33.99. Not bad at all.

PS. The ad doesnt list this functionality but I'm pretty sure that the console has built in games that you can play if the cartridge slot is empty.

wholesalewatch648

I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

MaxXimus

I just asked them if they could sell me the pokrmon game they had displayed in the listing and that I was also buying the system.

L___E___T

Their flowchart is extremely sexy!  Really tempted but kinda overspent this month and need to put some cash aside.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fcgamer

I think those look interesting, especially the GBC...I wonder how the compatibility is, with the dozens of unlicensed GBC games I have.  The GBC is my Game Boy of choice, as my GB b/w is dying quickly, and my GBA has poor compatibility with a lot of my unlicensed GB stuff.  The idea of getting one with backlit is just really nice, as these days the only place I ever play GB is on the train, because elsewhere (even in my house) it is just too dark and hard to see.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MaxXimus

Fcgamer. The fact the some gbc boots dont work on gba is one of the reasons I am buying this system.

The games will however boot up if you change the color pallette rapidly until the game boots up (dpad up down left right and a b)

Post Merge: January 19, 2014, 08:36:02 pm

I will report if it loads up my problem games and do a sort of review with pics when I get it in the mail and have a chance to play around with it a bit.

L___E___T

January 20, 2014, 05:16:22 am #22 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:14:15 pm by L___E___T
Using Goomba on GBA / GBM is a dream, I really enjoy that - but some GBC games don't work well with Goomba - Shantae runs really slow...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

wholesalewatch648

Quote from: MaxXimus on January 19, 2014, 04:54:34 pm
I just asked them if they could sell me the pokrmon game they had displayed in the listing and that I was also buying the system.
i wonder if they will sell me just the game  ??? well,i will message them asking

MaxXimus

It's worth a try. I asked them if they had any other games available and they never replied

wholesalewatch648

they e-mailed me back today saying they have to check for an english one. i hope i am able to get one, they look so cool

MaxXimus

The pokemon bootleg in the pics appears to be the usa release?

wholesalewatch648

what i suspect is it is chinese language, i have another pokemon bootleg that is like usa release but in chinese.

wholesalewatch648

i was able to buy the pokemon game for $4.00 with free shipping, looking forward to getting it.

MaxXimus

Sweet. Glad you managed to get the same deal as me.