Nintendo closes in on Sony in market value

Started by manuel, June 20, 2007, 12:11:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

Quote from: reutersNintendo shares closed up 1.4 percent at 44,500 yen, increasing its market capitalisation to 6.30 trillion yen ($51 billion).

That compares with Matsushita's 6.23 trillion yen and 6.64 trillion yen for Sony -- the world's largest and second-largest consumer electronics makers, each having sales more than eight times as big as Nintendo.

Read the full article; here

I knew Nintendo does well, but that surprises me.
Nintendo is practically worth as much as Sony, although they only make games and no computers and other electronics...

I should have bought Nintendo stock 5 years ago. :'(

JC

manuel

PS3? ... ???
You mean because PS3 is a failure?
Even with that, Sony's stock went up the past years.

FamicomFreak

wow I'm so happy for nintendo they are finally getting back on track. Good for them.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

Me too. Now I hope they use the heaps of money to develop great successors to Wii and DS (and/or Gameboy).
And good games of course. ;D

JC

Sony's lucky enough to have more than PS3 in stores. What, Nintendo has vgs and Hanafuda decks. :P

manuel

How much of their revenue would be from hanafuda cards? 0.0000x...%? ::)
I'd like it if they produced more and different hanafuda decks. That would be something to collect, too.
As a business, Nintendo is really doing great.

kite200

none of their revenue is from hanafuda, no one buys hanafuda cards when they could buy a wii
ステキ

JC

Don't they usually give out those cards to members of Nintendo Club instead of selling them?

FamicomFreak

I just got the new game informer and guess what the top 4 games come from?? NINTENDO!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Doc

I'm surprised that Game Informer would let such an error go by, Pro-Nintendo things in their magazine? IMPOSSIBLE!

Jedi Master Baiter

Game Informer sucks.... >:( & blows. :P They need to lay off the ferrets.

JC

kite200

ステキ

Jedi Master Baiter

Is it? I just remember that the discount card cost $15 for half a year & that included the magazine subscription for 6 months.  At the end it just seemed like I got my money back. :-\