Helpin about modin Nes Console to from PAL to NTSC

Started by raziel90, January 11, 2016, 07:03:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

raziel90

Hello friends could you assit me for helpin me to modin one Nintendo clone system PAL to NTSC speed . Model is MT 999DX

Here is pictures of the board

I hope you can assit me   :)  thank you soo much for the support friends
Nintendo NES addict ^^

zmaster18

While reading some other websites lately, I think I saw some people talking about switching the clock speed crystal to convert PAL to NTSC. The CPU and PPU chips may need to be replaced as well.

HVC-Man

Seeing how it's an NOAC clone, I really, really doubt it'd be possible to convert to NTSC. Your only hope is changing out a crystal and switching a jumper or two. If those aren't possible, you'll need another clone.

P

Doesn't NOAC has some kind of jumper setting that can be set to either NTSC or PAL?

raziel90

Quote from: P on January 11, 2016, 10:05:22 am
Doesn't NOAC has some kind of jumper setting that can be set to either NTSC or PAL?

I dont see nothing written NTSC or PAL on the board
Nintendo NES addict ^^

80sFREAK

It might be built-in the chip feature, but not on PCB.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

jpx72

Ah this has been here a milion times, of course some noacs have simple switch from pal to ntsc, but you need ntsc crystal. One guy here miraculously knew where the soldering spots are and could identify them for you from the photo, but I think he disappeared from here.  (Still think that was a lucky guess)

Post Merge: January 12, 2016, 01:02:27 am

www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=6722.0

chowder

I think he just looked for solder pads that were close enough together to be bridged, it's a common way of enabling/disabling parts of circuits.

I have a Subor D30 famiclone that I still need to try the mod on.  I found some possible pads (although they're not marked in any way), and have a spare oscillator I can steal from a broken FC mobo.  Now I need time, maybe this afternoon :)

P

Quote from: raziel90 on January 11, 2016, 10:09:47 am

I dont see nothing written NTSC or PAL on the board

Quote from: 80sFREAK on January 11, 2016, 11:02:16 pm
It might be built-in the chip feature, but not on PCB.

Yeah it's pins on the chip of course. But since this is glob-top it's hard to tell which it is.

number47

You'll have to find a NTSC XTAL - 21.4772MHz.
And join solderpads. There are three options: all three, left with center or right with center.

number47

FAMICOM_87

chowder

I tried this on my Subor D30, and it worked.  Swapped the crystal and soldered the pads (which were the same layout as FAMICOM_87's pic).  Unfortunately, desoldering to test out other configurations ripped one of the pads off and now it doesn't work at all :(  I can't see any trace damage, and seeing as it they weren't originally connected anyway, I don't know why it's broken...

For anyone else trying this, I'd suggest using a conductive pen to connect the pads, they're just too small/delicate to solder accurately:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/circuitworks-conductive-pen-standard-tip-n73aa

number47

This pen is a tricky SOB. It won't conduct electricity unless completely cured/dry.
Let it cure for about two hours before testing.