NES CLASSIC MINI CLONE EU VERSION

Started by yeeshen33, June 09, 2017, 02:49:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

July 11, 2017, 04:35:05 pm #60 Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:51:10 pm by Bebop
You know crack it and hacking dont mean thats is all aboute nintento products when i speak and as obirux write, that hakchi dont work on the clone but i can assure you that is hackable someway or another but not with hakchi.

But you maby can have right about the controller...we well see when it comes.

Post Merge: July 11, 2017, 04:45:26 pm

@obirux
It seems to be a Samsung 512Mb DDR SDRAM chip if the markings are right.

Samsung  K4H511638C-UCB3
http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/98586/SAMSUNG/K4H511638C-UCB3.html

obirux

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on July 11, 2017, 04:12:46 pm
Quote from: Bebop on July 11, 2017, 12:41:25 pm
I am grateful for the info and many thanks :)

I still wait for my order, but i dont get the retail box, where did you bought from?, i order it from ali.

Do you know if the original nes mini controllers works on this?

About the speeded up gameplay, i guess they have used pal 50hz roms games on a ntsc 60hz system.

I hope it can be hacked or something to put on your own games :)

It cannot be hacked (as it's not really a NES Classic), the controller ports are also different, so you cannot use official Nintendo controllers or any of the aftermarkets with it either. It's just built to resemble a NES Classic but doesn't use official controller ports, nor the same board specs.

Yes The Uninvited Gremlin may be correct the internal hardware of both the console and the controller are different, there is a slim chance that may not be possible and for sure beyond my scope of understanding but i will remain optimistic never the less.

Has the controller port already been tested with an original or aftermarket mini classic controller?
If not i can try to order one in

I also updated the array of photos with extra shots of the internals of the controller

:star:

NintendoKing

Guaranteed real controllers won't be compatible since the pin out is different on the controller plugs. With time though you might be able to hack the software and fix the issues, heck maybe you can remove the controller plugs and replace them with an authentic Nintendo ones (or even build an adapter using the plug from the supplied controller?) to make it a more authentic clone?

L___E___T

Very happy that Obirux registered and posted all of this info - it saves me ripping it apart and I would say he knows what he's looking at based on his range of mods.  All options considered, I will probably gut mine and install a Raspberry Pi3 in it complete with a custom suite of Retropie and USB hookups.  It is a good price just for the shell alone I think, and I have a Famicom Mini I can mod with Hackchi for some consistency.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NintendoKing

I think the clones are a perfect candidate for an awesome Raspberry Pi console. They just aren't well built enough to make a suitable replication of the actual NES Classic.

Bebop

My units have now arrived to my country so now its only a few days to get it delivered ;D

Lupin the Third

July 13, 2017, 04:42:57 pm #66 Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:26:40 pm by Lupin the Third
obirux,

Thank you SO much for posting a detailed breakdown on this clone.

By any chance, do you have a Wii Classic Controller sitting around you could plug in and test?

How does the controller feel? Is it pretty close to an NES controller or does it feel significantly different/cheaper?

(Also, thanks for listing the game titles verbatim....GHOSTIS and the cut off Punch-Out title got me good.  ;D )

obirux

Quote from: Lupin the Third on July 13, 2017, 04:42:57 pm
obirux,

Thank you SO much for posting a detailed breakdown on this clone.

By any chance, do you have a Wii Classic Controller sitting around you could plug in and test?

How does the controller feel? Is it pretty close to an NES controller or does it feel significantly different/cheaper?

(Also, thanks for listing the game titles verbatim....GHOSTIS and the cut off Punch-Out title got me good.  ;D )

No Problem happy to help

Unfortunately i do not have a wii classic controller lying around to test if it works although i have made some more discoveries with the controller.
It appears the one i originally opened had a pin that was half snapped which i didn't notice at the time (as it functioned Correctly) and is actually supplying the controllers VDD (top middle pin).
So i looked at the other controller with my second unit and low and behold there are 5 pins so i tested each pin to figure out what was what.

Added a Pinout diagram for the New Nes Mini Classic clone below
also they snipped a wire which is not in use but is connected on the port side Pin 1 (5core cable)

I'd say the controller itself is the best part of the unit.
Feels nice and clicky and responds very well (surprised how clicky the d-pad is), although not too sure how long the silicone pads will last only time will tell and it was pretty on par with my 8bitdo Nes controller.
Only let down is printing defects.
I think that is their flaw overall in the look of the product, not much or enough care taken on the printing side or method(s)

Haha yes i thought i'd be as accurate as possible even with the few strange titles  :crazy:

;D

yeeshen33

If someone able to read Chinese,  then should be understand what the following picture said.  
The supplier mentioned it is possible to hack this machine and adds new games.  :'(

Lupin the Third

July 14, 2017, 07:33:01 am #69 Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:54:38 am by Lupin the Third
obirux, thanks for the detailed and insightful reply. Definitely curious how the pins match up with the Nintendo model. The Nintendo version has 5 pins, I believe (and you can tell from motherboard shots that each controller is connected with six wires), so something has definitely been changed, unless they had, like, three grounds or something!

Edit: Looking over the pinouts for how a Wii Classic Controller is supposed to connect here, it doesn't look too promising, but I'm no electronics expert in the slightest:
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/brd_extenmote/index.php
I was worried the pinout I linked wasn't accurate and wouldn't work with the NES Classic Mini, but apparently they got the chip/adapter working with a software update which I imagine does not change the pinouts..

Quote from: yeeshen33 on July 14, 2017, 07:26:39 am
If someone able to read Chinese,  then should be understand what the following picture said.  
The supplier mentioned it is possible to hack this machine and adds new games.  :'(

Edit: And apparently it's not a broken image anymore? Maybe you have to visit the site directly once before it works? I dunno.
Original below:
Your imgpost post link is broken somehow, so I took the liberty of snipping out anything personally identifying and put the relevant portion here:

obirux

Quote from: Lupin the Third on July 14, 2017, 07:33:01 am
obirux, thanks for the detailed and insightful reply. Definitely curious how the pins match up with the Nintendo model. The Nintendo version has 5 pins, I believe (and you can tell from motherboard shots that each controller is connected with six wires), so something has definitely been changed, unless they had, like, three grounds or something!

Edit: Looking over the pinouts for how a Wii Classic Controller is supposed to connect here, it doesn't look too promising, but I'm no electronics expert in the slightest:
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/brd_extenmote/index.php
I was worried the pinout I linked wasn't accurate and wouldn't work with the NES Classic Mini, but apparently they got the chip/adapter working with a software update which I imagine does not change the pinouts..

8) , i do know that the the original nes controller supplied with the classic nes mini has 4 core connections so yes as you said on the motherboard side it is most likely doubled up pins/cables.
Could have originally been to support different pin setups or for some other manufacturing reason

Here's a pic of the original mini nes controller

on another note I've added a brief unboxing if it peeks anybody's interest via the link below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH9CJnraS8M

:diskkun:

Bebop

July 14, 2017, 09:14:31 am #71 Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:48:47 am by Bebop
Pin "4" are never in used in original controller and i wonder if they get rid of pin "3" (3.3v)(or vise versa with 1) or are not in used to because pin "1" (3.3v) are what i understand same as pin "3"? so if its right what i assumed its only used 4 pins...but i can have wrong about that so correct me if I'm assumed wrong.

Lupin the Third

So it looks like the only functional differences between the official pinout and this pinout are:
"1" is  3.3v (official), Null in clone
"2" is SCL in official, SCK in clone
"3" is 3.3v (official) VDD in clone (same thing??)

Bebop

July 14, 2017, 02:04:00 pm #73 Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:09:14 pm by Bebop
"1" is  3.3v (official), Null in clone

1) Null (indicating that something has no value)

2) I dont know whats the difference between SCL and SCK? because when i see a pda file of the connector from another site(in the picture below), it says SCK so maby its a typo from that picture i gave you? or maby two types of type designation but mean the same thing?

3) VDD is the supply voltage so i guess its mean same thing...?

Any how thank you again for supply all info, pictures and clips, its interesting to speculate but we don't know for sure before we test another controller if its work on this device, then we know for sure :)

If everything goes well with the postoffice, i get mine next week so if you not have chance to try a another controller before that, i try it out because have the original and third party controller to test with.

And from yesterday today i have seen they have removed the listing of this replica of the Alibaba site...seems they clean out house...at least from sellers that ship world wide...

Post Merge: July 14, 2017, 02:06:49 pm

Quote from: Bebop on July 14, 2017, 02:04:00 pm

"1" is  3.3v (official), Null in clone

1) Null (indicating that something has no value)

2) I dont know whats the difference between SCL and SCK? because when i see a pda file of the connector from another site(in the picture below), it says SCK so maby its a typo from that picture i gave you? or maby just two type designation but means the same thing?

3) VDD is the supply voltage so i guess its mean same thing...?

Any how thank you again for supply all info, pictures and clips, its interesting to speculate but we don't know for sure before we test another controller if its work on this device, then we know for sure :)

If everything goes well with the postoffice, i get mine next week so if you not have chance to try a another controller before that, i try it out because have the original and third party controller to test with.

And from yesterday today i have seen they have removed the listing of this replica of the Alibaba site...seems they clean out house...at least from sellers that ship world wide...

obirux

July 14, 2017, 02:06:56 pm #74 Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:14:19 pm by obirux
Quote from: Lupin the Third on July 14, 2017, 12:59:25 pm
So it looks like the only functional differences between the official pinout and this pinout are:
"1" is  3.3v (official), Null in clone

From what i am aware

1. Yes i have used NULL to indicate no value / inactive

SCL           Serial clock Line
SCK           Serial clock
so i would assume its the same

VCC        Supply Voltage
VDD        Supply Voltage
No difference

if pins 1 and 3 are shared you could also assume it's all the same
I will try and test it tomorrow with an aftermarket nes mini controller since the official ones are hard to get a hold of, i'll also see if i can source a wii classic controller

:P