Voltage seems right, but no display

Started by FamiJimbo, September 29, 2017, 11:29:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FamiJimbo

Quote from: P on October 06, 2017, 02:19:27 pm
Hmm you can tune in to 95 MHz on the FM Radio but still get no sound? That's strange, maybe there's a problem with the CPU or something. Does the CPU get hot to touch when power is on?

I won't hear any audio from the console, just the radiostation. And no as far as I could feel not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAMICOM_87

try to rotate those to get the sound   :gamer:

FamiJimbo

Quote from: FAMICOM_87 on October 07, 2017, 01:01:33 am
try to rotate those to get the sound   :gamer:

I've tried that, my famicom is the newer 1988(?) version with the modulator stuck to the board.

This version only has one of those turn things and it didn't do much

FAMICOM_87

October 07, 2017, 03:05:20 am #18 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:24:07 am by FAMICOM_87
SO you did not get picture at all? only week radio station, consider to add AV mod just to try if the famicom actually works, and undo it later , just build separate little  PCB like this one

with needed components and solder wires to the main board cheerfully so you can desolder them after the test :)

Use this scheme for the video , you can use any PNP transistor , and do not separate pin 21 of course just solder the Base of the transistor to it :) you can even just do the contact with it and not solder.So you famy will remain untouched :)

If you need to test the audio : you can get it from cartage connector pin-46

this is the conception :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfdA--W3E5A

FamiJimbo

Quote from: FAMICOM_87 on October 07, 2017, 03:05:20 am
SO you did not get picture at all? only week radio station, consider to add AV mod just to try if the famicom actually works, and undo it later , just build separate little  PCB like this one

with needed components and solder wires to the main board cheerfully so you can desolder them after the test :)

Use this scheme for the video , you can use any PNP transistor , and do not separate pin 21 of course just solder the Base of the transistor to it :) you can even just do the contact with it and not solder.So you famy will remain untouched :)

If you need to test the audio : you can get it from cartage connector pin-46

this is the conception :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfdA--W3E5A

Thank you a lot for showing me how to do it, but it does display the video now, the only problem left is the audio(radio station) I want to hear the soundtracks when playing games:)

The finetuning the RF Modulator didn't get rid of the radio audio, so I hope there's another thing that could help.

P

If you only do the audio part of the AV mod by taking it from cartridge pin 46 you could rule out internal problems and see that audio works at all. Though since video plays like it should I don't think there's anything wrong with the CPU.

FAMICOM_87

The fine-tuning of the RF modulator and TV is the only way,
You have to tune the modulator with non metal object very slowly. and so on the TV to get the clearest sound from the console. If you still hear the radio station try shield RF coaxial cable .

TV must catch the game sound instead the radio station , may be you are in the strong field of radio waves,
I assume that the shielded cable will help in this case  :)

FamiJimbo

Quote from: FAMICOM_87 on October 07, 2017, 07:54:54 am
The fine-tuning of the RF modulator and TV is the only way,
You have to tune the modulator with non metal object very slowly. and so on the TV to get the clearest sound from the console. If you still hear the radio station try shield RF coaxial cable .

TV must catch the game sound instead the radio station , may be you are in the strong field of radio waves,
I assume that the shielded cable will help in this case  :)

But it can't be any cable right? Because the nintendo adapter also has a Sattelite input which I use for my channels(only way I can tune the frequency to get it to work)

FAMICOM_87

I am not sure what do you mean , I did not understand
???

FamiJimbo

Quote from: FAMICOM_87 on October 07, 2017, 12:59:09 pm
I am not sure what do you mean , I did not understand
???

Right now I'm using the Nintendo RF adapter(the grey one) and am using the input(Satt.) on that to be able to get my channels on my TV through another cable.

So I was asking if I could just use any Coax Cable to connect the Famicom and still be able to finetune my TV? Which I can't do if I have no Cable-TV connected.

FAMICOM_87

this is my coaxial cable :) just make the same, and connect it directly from the famicom to the TV Coaxial input :)

FamiJimbo

Quote from: FAMICOM_87 on October 07, 2017, 02:43:12 pm
this is my coaxial cable :) just make the same, and connect it directly from the famicom to the TV Coaxial input :)

But how do you get signal then?

I need to connect the TV to the sattelite or to cable-TV because otherwise I can't set the frequency for the TV Channel

FAMICOM_87

Your TV is strange , so you say  that if you connect the cable directly there is no a fine tuning menu , that is bullshit 
Is this your TV ?
go on 3:50 have you this top port above the USB on the side? It is for antenna
https://youtu.be/KZ1kon41Bpc?t=3m50s

P

Sounds like you are tuning with an external device, and not the TV?

FamiJimbo

Quote from: P on October 08, 2017, 11:21:09 am
Sounds like you are tuning with an external device, and not the TV?

The tuning goes via the TV, Check the pictures. Apparently now I can tune without connecting the white cable, I have no clue how, but I'll try the single COAX cable and tell you how it goes!