March 28, 2024, 10:30:12 am

Cars of Famicom World

Started by maxellnormalbias, March 03, 2019, 08:16:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pxlbluejay

Quote from: UglyJoe on March 04, 2019, 08:27:19 pm
Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on March 04, 2019, 08:13:43 pm
Hey, guys! I have a 1991 lifted Toyota pickup with a red body and white fenders. :-X
Red and white...the Famitruck!

Jedi Questmaster, you should get some Famicom vinyl and decals and stick them on your truck!
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

Jedi Master Baiter

A couple days ago I had to take it in because the control arm (or something) on the lift broke while I was turning. :( The shop is still diagnosing the damage.

If this sets me back another $500 I'm selling the truck. >:(

pxlbluejay

Wow...
Anyways, speaking of Famicoms and cars, I have a sketch of a "Famicar", made partly of a 1983 Aston Martin Lagonda(the closest thing to a Famicom in the car world!) and a Famicom combined:
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

L___E___T

I love this :)  OK now I want a Lagonda.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

pxlbluejay

Don't worry--
Buying a Lagonda will only set you back around 30 grand^^ :D
By the way, the actual car is butt ugly^^

FAMICOM_87

hehe cool concept, but not very good sketch  :-[

Magicantian

September 24, 2019, 12:46:07 pm #21 Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:51:33 pm by Magicantian
Since 2014, light mods

L___E___T

V8RY NICE!  I'm just happy it's not a truck :D  These are incredible cars, I know someone with the GT.  My Dad is also thinking of buying one, any buyer's tips?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MWK

Magicantian

Quote from: L___E___T on September 24, 2019, 02:52:24 pm

V8RY NICE!  I'm just happy it's not a truck :D  These are incredible cars, I know someone with the GT.  My Dad is also thinking of buying one, any buyer's tips?

Thanks, it's a good car, no complaints. They did have a recall on the airbags but my dealer eventually took care of me. Overall it really comes down to what your needs are and how much you are willing to spend.

There's the v6, v8 (GT) and GT500. Or if you got the money, you can (or used to be able to) upgrade your GT500 to a Super Snake through Carroll Shelby. :cherry:

It's really a matter of devising a map of which path you wanna go down:

V6:

(I chose to personally stop here and save my wallet. I bought the car new and looked at the price point for performance to my dollar and the room to mod. If anyone wants a mod list I can share, but it's super light. I left room to where I currently get even better gas mileage, performance but have the ability to either go towards a twin turbo setup or nitrous, which i probably wont. The key is to plan ahead! By choosing the v6 instead of the GT, I was able to use the money I had within the difference in pricing to buy mods for the v6 and make it cost at stock price for the GT. For example: the $3,000 rims you see.)

I've personally learned that especially with a car like this, they've already done the statistical homework of mod capability and price points to sucker you into the higher end models. If you overload your choice (unstable build), you're gonna be in a repair shop spewing money left and right. Too many mods can be a bad thing with cars, its not a Famicom!

Because it's a v6, it's obviously a daily driver, it gets pretty decent gas mileage for the specs. You can mod it for even better gas mileage / performance. There's some aftermarket support for modding, but it comes to a point to where you hit a ceiling and you start asking yourself, why am I modding a V6?

|||
vvv

V8 (GT): This is more the meaty part of the curve where you have a much wider selection of avenues towards your build and in what direction you wanna take it. You can easily spend a small fortune playing around with this car. It can easily be a daily driver, decent MPG too. But if your build starts getting up there in the costs then you may want to consider..

|||
vvv

GT500
: I'm a sucker for the Cobra badging. (certified pussy magnet) It's built up to walk and have a nice selection of components, it's limited in number and takes care of most GT builds out there. If you got the cash and like the badging, get on that.

Summary: 5 years down the road with this model car and seeing that there are deals to be had with low mileage, I would opt for the GT, hands down. If you can get your hands on the GT Premium with those recaro seats..  :pacman: Take your time, read, and you could have a lot of fun building it up overtime. Keep in mind, it's a car, not a house or something more important. While I do love my car and worked hard for it, at the end of the day, it's whatever. I'd rather be on a bicycle commuting or getting around if I could.

I included a few extra images to show how much rims can affect the body style. It's more a thing you have to see in person to fully understand.

Miklo

I'm a vintage Volkswagen kind of guy. My other passion besides video games... Been doing both almost as long.

My old 66 daily driver that was wrecked in April due to a distracted driver. Dont text and drive! Damn kiddies anymore...

My project 1955 Beetle... I'm a bit further along than when this pic was taken.

I also own a 1970 Volkswagen Bus as well. A long off project...

I'm also into vintage air-cooled Volkswagens, vintage audio, reel to reel and vinyl record albums. 30+yrs<br />Get to know the man behind the screen - https://www.instagram.com/miklo_82/

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Miklo on October 08, 2019, 07:07:15 pmMy project 1955 Beetle... I'm a bit further along than when this pic was taken.

Damn, son.wav

Today I took a look at some used Toyota Tacomas (Tacos :P), and am torn between getting a V6 or a 4x4 (which isn't V6). Anyone drive in the mountains/snow? Is a 4x4 really worth it? I don't go Super Off Roading much. :-\ The 4x4 is about $6,000 more.

They're both 2016/2017 double cab, short bed like this.

L___E___T

4 X 4 is advisable even if you have no plan to ever go off road.  Simply for safety, stability, and sturdiness.  Also quicker off the mark if you care for it.  Only real downside I see in 4 X 4 is the understeer at speed compared to a RWD / midship.

But seeing as these trucks corner like a boat anyway, and the set up of US roads I reckon you'll be fine.  If you can get it on stretch, I'd say go for it.  But maybe you can test drive one of each first?  Good luck choosing! either / or will be fun :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

ericj

I have an older Tacoma 4x4 and have used 4WD a handful of times. Not really worth it unless you live where the weather gets snowy--a RWD truck can get a bit loose in the rear end in wet and icy/snowy weather. A 4x4 will be able to haul heavier loads in the bed, too, and will have better resale value.

P

I drive in heavy snow every winter in Sweden, but I haven't used a car with 4WD yet.
I'd like to have 4WD myself but I can't say its totally necessary in heavy snow conditions. ABS might be nice to have though.

I'd probably choose 4WD if I could afford it.