FDS re-alignmnt guide?

Started by boye, May 15, 2019, 08:59:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

boye

Is there a guide fro re-aligning the FDS drive? I'm mostly unsure about the motor speed and if there's a sweet spot..
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

Sydsydsyd

Well i only know this page http://www.famicomdisksystem.com/
Contains very interesting technical info and more.
Tell me if that works for you  :)
Yeah, sure

adori_12

I highly recommend watching Retro Raider's FDS Belt Replacement video, there's a part where he shows a new, faster method for realign your FDS, no tedious screw tightening and you don't need to remove the spring mechanism. Check it out and see if it suits your needs. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOY1G3Sg11Q
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

80sFREAK

1. Too much disassembling.
2. Awful light and off focus.

Hints:
- first use craft knife to remove old belt, like peeling apple :)
- no need to shift wires
- no need to remove face panel of the red box
- no need to remove face panel of the drive
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

adori_12

Hahaha, so it's actually a worse solution than the more common method? I thought it was the other way around   :-\
Oh well, I'll look more into it and see if I can find something better, although I think you're better off following Famicomdisksystem.com's guide, or getting an already fully functional FDS...
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

ericj

May 23, 2019, 01:11:13 pm #5 Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:40:30 pm by ericj
For what it's worth, if you're just replacing the belt and your drive already works, you can slip the new belt on without much disassembly and it will work the same as before the belt broke. All you have to do is remove one of the screws on the metal triangle part - the one closest to the motor, I believe, loosen the others, and slide the belt under.

boye

My belt's still working. I just effed around with the motor speed so my FDS would work more reliably, but did just the opposite.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.