Super Gameboy is really finnicky.. or is it just mine?

Started by Protoman, July 05, 2019, 02:48:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

Playing Gameboy games via Super Gameboy malfunctions to me a lot more than playing on a GB/GBC/GBA. Games much more often don't start, I get to that "dirty cartridge" screen and then sometimes it still won't start even after a cleaning, but it will easily in a GB/GBC/GBA. Anyone else have trouble(occasionally+) or is it just that my particular SGB is a bit off.

P

My SGB and SGB2 certainly fails sometimes, but not more than any other older cartridge-based system I have. My SGB2 has good pins and seldom acts up. My old grey DMG however almost never starts correctly.

Probably it's just your SGB or cartridges that has oxidized pins. Just cleaning doesn't help oxidized pins too much, you may need to scrub off the oxidized layer.

zmaster18

Quote from: P on July 05, 2019, 03:48:49 pm
My SGB and SGB2 certainly fails sometimes, but not more than any other older cartridge-based system I have. My SGB2 has good pins and seldom acts up. My old grey DMG however almost never starts correctly.

Probably it's just your SGB or cartridges that has oxidized pins. Just cleaning doesn't help oxidized pins too much, you may need to scrub off the oxidized layer.

I agree. Unscrew your Super Gameboy and clean the pins with Brasso if possible. Then it will work like brand new!