FW game list updates

Started by dado2095, January 12, 2020, 07:28:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dado2095

Hi!

I noticed that some of the games in the game list lacks informations. If I wanted to help by adding informations, pictures, ecc... how can I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Dado :D

Jedi Master Baiter

Contact UglyJoe... :diskkun:

...and ask him if you can have his job. :P

UglyJoe

Quote from: dado2095 on January 12, 2020, 07:28:27 am
I noticed that some of the games in the game list lacks informations. If I wanted to help by adding informations, pictures, ecc... how can I do that?

If you post stuff here on the forums, I can update the game list.  What were you looking to do specifically?

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on January 12, 2020, 08:17:57 am
Contact UglyJoe... :diskkun:

...and ask him if you can have his job. :P

Haha, for real.

dado2095

QuoteWhat were you looking to do specifically?

Specifically I don't know. :-[  I hang out every now and then on the game list just to search some games that I wouldn't otherwise know about, since it is the most exhaustive list on the matter, and when I see some bits missing from a game I would like to enter this additionals informations (eg. missing ID, Developer, Genre, Retail Price) just for completeness sake. I imagine it can be defined as a finishing touch job here and there!

That said, it is not my intention to belittle the wonderful job you did with this list, mind you! I am an FW noob, and I would never dream of diminishing the work done by FW veterans!

QuoteIf you post stuff here on the forums, I can update the game list

I'd be more than happy to help! is there a specific topic for this purpose?

Quoteask him if you can have his job.

if I weren't nearly always busy with university, I'd think about it!  ;D

UglyJoe

Quote from: dado2095 on January 13, 2020, 02:53:41 am
QuoteWhat were you looking to do specifically?

Specifically I don't know. :-[  I hang out every now and then on the game list just to search some games that I wouldn't otherwise know about, since it is the most exhaustive list on the matter, and when I see some bits missing from a game I would like to enter this additionals informations (eg. missing ID, Developer, Genre, Retail Price) just for completeness sake. I imagine it can be defined as a finishing touch job here and there!

ID values - always welcome
Developer - I trust GDRI's research more than any other source
Genre - Sort of subjective, but welcome
Retail Price - I have a book with all of these values, but haven't filled them all in yet

That said, it is not my intention to belittle the wonderful job you did with this list, mind you! I am an FW noob, and I would never dream of diminishing the work done by FW veterans!

I don't think anyone was offended ;D

I'd be more than happy to help! is there a specific topic for this purpose?

https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=171.75

dado2095

QuoteI don't think anyone was offended

very well! it's a relief! I was afraid that my post sounded like: "ugh let me do it because you're not good at it!"

Quotehttps://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=171.75

Perfect, thanks a lot! I'll focus on IDs! I will post them as soon as I accumulate some, so I don't make a thousand posts  :)