New Forum Version

Started by UglyJoe, January 18, 2020, 04:51:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

I mostly miss only the brick wall.

Yes thanks to UglyJoe and all the moderators for the hard work!

L___E___T

Quote from: Ghegs on January 20, 2020, 11:34:07 pmEnd of an era (of sorts), but thanks to UglyJoe for keeping the place up, running and updated.

Indeed, I'm still adjusting to it.  I've been using it so long I remember the old switch from more than ten years ago...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

famiac

Can we kill the buddy list thing? We're too small a forum to chance the formation of cliques

MasterDisk

Quote from: famiac on February 06, 2020, 02:05:22 amCan we kill the buddy list thing? We're too small a forum to chance the formation of cliques

famiac

boye

My main wish is to port over the old design to the new PHP version.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

UglyJoe

Quote from: boye on February 15, 2020, 06:57:04 amMy main wish is to port over the old design to the new PHP version.

Most wishes don't come true :D

boye

Please clarify. Is there some roadblock that makes bringing the old design over impossible?
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

UglyJoe

It's not impossible, but it would require a whole lot of work -- work that I do not realistically have the time to do.  The underlying forum code has completely changed, so you can't just drop in the old themes and have them work.  You would essentially have to make a brand new theme from scratch that resembles the old one.

boye

If anyone were to do that, do you have the old PHP code on hand?

UglyJoe

February 16, 2020, 10:59:14 am #25 Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 05:50:35 pm by UglyJoe
Quote from: boye on February 16, 2020, 09:37:31 amIf anyone were to do that, do you have the old PHP code on hand?

You'd need SMF version 1.21 from here.

The old FW theme was just the default theme with changed colors and images.

senseiman

I have to concur with the "I miss the old look but also am happy to see the new look" sentiment.  Looks nice!

boye

Quote from: UglyJoe on February 16, 2020, 10:59:14 am
Quote from: boye on February 16, 2020, 09:37:31 amIf anyone were to do that, do you have the old PHP code on hand?

You'd need SMF version 1.21 from here.

The old FW theme was just the default theme with changed colors and images.

Okay, but do you have the changed color values and images on hand?

UglyJoe

boye

Thanks! Hopefully someone can port this over and make this design temporary.