Beware of eBay buyers and sellers account

Started by ekkaeak, January 19, 2020, 09:28:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ekkaeak

Is that ok if I create the topic that tell you guys about the cheated buyers or sellers eBay account that we must beware?

It because I have been cheated from the 2 buyer accounts for 3 times within 3 months. It must be good advantage for you guys to beware. If that ok, I will list the account in this thread. If not, I will delete the thread.

MWK

I believe this would fit better in "Auction! Auction!" section... kinda?

VegaVegas

Yes that "feebay" starts to be a paradise for scammy buyers due to honor system favoring buyers for believing everything they say and punishing sellers for no reason whatsoever. I have been scammed by 3 different buyers for the last 2 years. One time feebay actually covered both the buyer and me as they no longer gave a crap about the situation and the other 2 times I had fraudulent returns, the buyers made false claims that the items were "broken", forced me to accept and PAY for the international return and after that... I received empty boxes. I reported both incidents to the police and only after that epay actually refunded me and suspended both buyers' accounts

What a madness we live in nowadays...

ekkaeak

Quote from: MaarioS on January 22, 2020, 05:19:30 amYes that "feebay" starts to be a paradise for scammy buyers due to honor system favoring buyers for believing everything they say and punishing sellers for no reason whatsoever. I have been scammed by 3 different buyers for the last 2 years. One time feebay actually covered both the buyer and me as they no longer gave a crap about the situation and the other 2 times I had fraudulent returns, the buyers made false claims that the items were "broken", forced me to accept and PAY for the international return and after that... I received empty boxes. I reported both incidents to the police and only after that epay actually refunded me and suspended both buyers' accounts

What a madness we live in nowadays...

For my case, one buyers switch the PCB inside the cartridges and send back to me. He did it twice with my different games. One is Super Mario World famicom cart switched with crap 89in1 game and send back to me. Another one is Mario Party famicom switched with a broken PCB.

Another buyer, he got my game and opened the untrue defected item. Then, he asked me to send the replacement and told me he will send the previous back. I have never got anything back from him.

Both cases, ebay only suggested me to report the buyers but I have to accept the cases.

VegaVegas

In the 1st case you are supposed to report this incident to ebay that the buyer sent the items back with essential parts missing. See the deduction table in the guidelines:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handling-return-requests?id=4115

They can actually legally take back from the buyer up to 50% and transfer it back to you. You may optionally report this incident to action fraud or to the police and give the case reference number in the decision appeal. Action fraud website is:
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

They can actually transfer back 100% of the funds back to you only if this is a blatant fraud and you report it anywhere. They can usually take action fraud online report and this is enough

The 2nd case is a deliberate fraud. Just report the buyer to ebay staff again and this should actually be easy for you to do

In case you are wondering then yes, this is actually possible to fire back in case you experienced fraud and you should definitely do that and provide all sorts of proof and keep being persistent. This is best to directly call ebay by using skype and keep being persistent. It may take a few tries to get connected to an appropriate representative that wants to help you but eventually you will get it

Everything I said is even legal by their guidelines and is even described here. Ebay can correct any financial mistakes on either side:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259#Correcting

If any of you wonder then yes, this is possible and sellers can do that, however the sad reality is that sellers already have very hard jobs with selling online but the world is not stupid. You can report any fraudulent behavior as long as you have evident proof someone else is guilty

Wishing happy selling to everyone ;)

MasterDisk

But what do people do with just PCB and no cartridge shell? This is so weird.

VegaVegas

Very desperate people that do so much shady stuff already, sometimes they are even suicidal. This scenario is even somewhat "generous" as just sending back any random crap as any broken piece of plastic or just an empty box is enough to achieve automatic refund. This is all it takes. But the reality is it still doesnt work this way as both of these situations happened to me with automatic refund to the buyer but after I appealed the decisions and constantly called epay staff with police reports and evidence then both of these cases were reversed in my favor and both buyer accounts got permanently suspended

ekkaeak

Quote from: MasterDisk on January 23, 2020, 08:13:29 amBut what do people do with just PCB and no cartridge shell? This is so weird.
There are some people who just want the game inside, never cared about the cartridge shell.

ekkaeak

Quote from: MaarioS on January 23, 2020, 05:37:38 amIn the 1st case you are supposed to report this incident to ebay that the buyer sent the items back with essential parts missing. See the deduction table in the guidelines:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handling-return-requests?id=4115

They can actually legally take back from the buyer up to 50% and transfer it back to you. You may optionally report this incident to action fraud or to the police and give the case reference number in the decision appeal. Action fraud website is:
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

They can actually transfer back 100% of the funds back to you only if this is a blatant fraud and you report it anywhere. They can usually take action fraud online report and this is enough

The 2nd case is a deliberate fraud. Just report the buyer to ebay staff again and this should actually be easy for you to do

In case you are wondering then yes, this is actually possible to fire back in case you experienced fraud and you should definitely do that and provide all sorts of proof and keep being persistent. This is best to directly call ebay by using skype and keep being persistent. It may take a few tries to get connected to an appropriate representative that wants to help you but eventually you will get it

Everything I said is even legal by their guidelines and is even described here. Ebay can correct any financial mistakes on either side:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259#Correcting

If any of you wonder then yes, this is possible and sellers can do that, however the sad reality is that sellers already have very hard jobs with selling online but the world is not stupid. You can report any fraudulent behavior as long as you have evident proof someone else is guilty

Wishing happy selling to everyone ;)

How about the buyer who lives in US, can we report the incident to this Action fraud website because the website is UK domain?

VegaVegas

Ah, I wrote the instructions as an example of reporting the incident if you used UK site yes. The USA site (ebay.com) and any other site uses the same steps and procedures but with different authorities respective to their location. I will kinda repeat myself at this point but I dont mind it

Please let me explain the 1st case again with swapped PCBs inside- I dont think the person swapped PCBs inside "by accident". To me, this looks like clear fraudulent activity to gain monetary value by manipulating the system. This sort of behavior is supposed to be reported to epay staff and punished by law. If the item was sold on epay USA (ebay.com) or the buyer was located in USA (or both) then here is what you should do here:

1.take all sorts of photos (cart case, insides, packages, shipping labels on packages etc.)
2.if you have tracking numbers for sent or received packages then provide them to ebay (they may have weights described)
3.file an online report in FBI IC3 center: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
4.appeal the case decision with the case reference number or call ebay directly using phone or skype and ask them to reconnect you to an appropriate representative for fraudulent returns (you can also send email to them but this might be problematic because so many inexperienced idiots work on email customer support unfortunately)
5.once you get connected to a proper representative that believes you and accepts your proof then just wait for the refund and confirmation email

This is pretty much the only way you can get this resolved but I definitely recommend going through that trouble regardless. All kinds of frauds in the world just need to be reported

Please let me explain if I understand the 2nd case again: here, the buyer never sent back anything at all. In this case, you actually dont need to do anything special. Just call or write to epay and tell them the buyer never sent anything back and never provided any tracking number. In this situation, nothing returned=no refund to the buyer, this is as simple as that and these are their basic guidelines. If you believed the buyer and refunded money to the buyer in advance then Im sorry but this is actually your fault here. You should always wait for the return package, check it and after that take action. If I misunderstood the situation then please explain it again

Hope this helps