WTB: Oddball NES/72-Pin Unlicensed Non-US Originals

Started by portnoyd, November 29, 2022, 06:48:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

portnoyd

November 29, 2022, 06:48:22 pm Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 07:55:38 am by portnoyd Reason: Updated the title to be more accurate, more of a mouthful
Not exactly appropriate for these forums (because NES), but I don't want to post anywhere else (specifically nuNintendoAge). I'll gladly take loose on these but if you have boxed, I won't turn it down. Only looking for NES 72-pin carts.

I don't have much in the way to trade for FC or NES, and what I do is common and not very desirable. I do have other games for other systems if interested.

Fighting Hero (CCE)
War in the Gulf (CCE)
Gluk the Thunder Warrior (Gluk)
Strike Wolf (Gluk)
Creatom (Gluk or Micro Genius?)
Policeman (Gluk or Micro Genius?)
Supergun 3-in-1 (Micro Genius)
Sea of Dreamland (Gluk)
Skate Boy (Gluk)
Tank (Gluk)
Destructor (Gluk)
Go Benny (Gluk)
Magic Block (Gluk)

Also any other CCE published games by NTDEC that weren't on the Caltron 6-in-1 besides War in the Gulf and Fighting Hero. Some of the Gluk games above might have CCE versions. These theoretical CCE games probably don't exist though.

fcgamer

Quote from: portnoyd on November 29, 2022, 06:48:22 pmNot exactly appropriate for these forums (because NES), but I don't want to post anywhere else (specifically nuNintendoAge). I'll gladly take loose on these but if you have boxed, I won't turn it down. Only looking for NES 72-pin carts.

I don't have much in the way to trade for FC or NES, and what I do is common and not very desirable. I do have other games for other systems if interested.

Fighting Hero (CCE)
War in the Gulf (CCE)
Gluk the Thunder Warrior (Gluk)
Strike Wolf (Gluk)
Creatom (Gluk or Micro Genius?)
Policeman (Gluk or Micro Genius?)
Supergun 3-in-1 (Micro Genius)
Sea of Dreamland (Gluk)
Skate Boy (Gluk)
Tank (Gluk)
Destructor (Gluk)
Go Benny (Gluk)
Magic Block (Gluk)

Also any other CCE published games by NTDEC that weren't on the Caltron 6-in-1 besides War in the Gulf and Fighting Hero. Some of the Gluk games above might have CCE versions. These theoretical CCE games probably don't exist though.

Ports, I love you dearly bro, one of the legends and my idols from collecting of yesteryear. Just a few points of consideration:

A: I guess nuNintendoAge you are referring to Video Game Sage. Honestly, it's a great community a lot better than Nintendo Age ever was. And this is coming from the guy who has managed to piss people off basically here on FW, NA, and everywhere else online due to my sometimes abrasive attitude. I'd be more than happy to see you appear over there at some point, and I think everyone there basically let go of any NA high school BS.  Look up SpeedyNES, he might be able to help on the Gluk stuff...

B: You should definitely consider getting the Famicom version of Creatom (I have some sealed and reasonably priced, waiting for you haha). Thing is, the Famicom version came in a huge-ass PC-sized box which included a game board, cardboard pieces, etc which the NES Gluk release never got.  So it's definitely the definitive version.

C: If you didn't buy my first Family Bits book, please do, and if you did, please leave a review if you haven't already ;)  I'll always send friends stuff for helping me out

Different note, so cool to see someone trying to find these games. I have most of these on Famicom, but not all of them, but they are so difficult to track down no matter the pinnage. Great stuff.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

portnoyd

Quote from: fcgamer on November 30, 2022, 05:52:27 amPorts, I love you dearly bro, one of the legends and my idols from collecting of yesteryear. Just a few points of consideration:

A: I guess nuNintendoAge you are referring to Video Game Sage. Honestly, it's a great community a lot better than Nintendo Age ever was. And this is coming from the guy who has managed to piss people off basically here on FW, NA, and everywhere else online due to my sometimes abrasive attitude. I'd be more than happy to see you appear over there at some point, and I think everyone there basically let go of any NA high school BS.  Look up SpeedyNES, he might be able to help on the Gluk stuff...

It's good to see you here too, I always know you as TRM first and foremost! I am glad dinosaurs like us (not my term, a term given to me lol...) are still around. As far as VGS, I will pass. I just don't like them for the same reasons I didn't like NA. And your attitude is nothing compared to mine lololol. I made a post there yesterday and it was blatantly inflammatory. I was trying to research CCE NES releases and came around a thread where some regular NA members were saying things so incredibly stupid, I had to post. I have zero respect for them, can you tell? I like the people here at FW a lot more and this gives me my 8bit Nintendo discussion fix.

Thank you though for the tip to contact Speedy. If I do, I will PM him privately so he can disavow having any contact with me lol.

Quote from: fcgamer on November 30, 2022, 05:52:27 amB: You should definitely consider getting the Famicom version of Creatom (I have some sealed and reasonably priced, waiting for you haha). Thing is, the Famicom version came in a huge-ass PC-sized box which included a game board, cardboard pieces, etc which the NES Gluk release never got.  So it's definitely the definitive version.

You have my attention... let me look into this and get back to you. I am staying with 72pin primarily because the well for 60pin is infinitely deep and I haven't gone anywhere near it. But this big set is very interesting. I looked up the game itself; it's weird but also beyond the typical scope that I think of when it comes to companies like Micro Genius.

Quote from: fcgamer on November 30, 2022, 05:52:27 amC: If you didn't buy my first Family Bits book, please do, and if you did, please leave a review if you haven't already ;)  I'll always send friends stuff for helping me out

Done!

Quote from: fcgamer on November 30, 2022, 05:52:27 amDifferent note, so cool to see someone trying to find these games. I have most of these on Famicom, but not all of them, but they are so difficult to track down no matter the pinnage. Great stuff.

Yeah, I know they are far from easy to track down and this will be a several year endeavor, but it'll be worth it. I like playing my NES stuff on my NES and finding any new games to play. Licensed FC collecting was a blast so I am trying to branch out as reasonably as I can.

Thanks again for the reply, we'll see what happens...