March 28, 2024, 06:02:46 pm

Megaman X label scan

Started by 133MHz, November 14, 2007, 05:34:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

133MHz

Hi everybody! ;D

Could somebody get me a good resolution (~300dpi) scan from the Megaman X NTSC SNES label? I've got a Megaman X cart in pretty bad shape and I want to 'restore' it. And if possible, a similar scan from the back of the cart (the label which says Important: Power must be off before loading a game pak etc).

Thanks in advance! :D

MaxXimus

Id do it but I cant find my cartridge right now. Plus I dont have a scanner.

satoshi_matrix

try the cover project's request forum.

133MHz

satoshi_matrix

http://www.thecoverproject.net/index.php

They've got the box scans so it might help if you really can't find the cart....but Megaman X is a pretty common SNES game so I'm sure someone will help you out.

They scan labels yes, but so far only N64 labels are offically part of the project - there's a push to add NES labels, so I'm sure there'll be a push for SNES ones as well.

133MHz

Thanks! I'll check tomorrow ;D.

133MHz

Hey satoshi, saw your post over there. Thanks a lot man!!! ;D
I tend to suffer from register-laziness ;D

satoshi_matrix

Yeah me too. Thats why I thought I'd ask.

Bergasa

If you're still interested, I've got a good quality cart, I could scan it for you, just let me know.   :)

I've printed new labels for carts a few times, and they have all come out pretty well. The only sticker printer paper I could find though was not glossy, so it lacks the shine of  a real label. What kind are you planning on using?

133MHz

Yeah I'm still interested ;D

I have access to some professional printing equipment at my mom's job, so that is not a problem ;).

Bergasa

Alright man, I will scan that for you either tomorrow or the next day. Post a pic of the final product if you can, I'd love to see how it comes out.

133MHz

Thanks!  ;D No need to rush it ;).

Bergasa

Hey man, I haven't forgotten about the scan, but I've just been unexpectedly busy with school this week. I'll get it to you on the weekend for sure.

Also, sorry to get your hopes up when you saw a new message in this thread.  :P

133MHz

No worries man, I can wait ;).

Bergasa

Okay, here we go!

It took a little longer than expected because the family computer got a reformatting a few months ago and I never reinstalled the scanner software. Then I couldn't find the CD, so I had to go online and find the software, etc, etc.

Anyway, here it is:

The direct link to the full size version is http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a379/johnberger87/megamanxlabel.jpg

Hopefully that is good enough quality. There are some things you might want to clean up on there. I'm not a scanning buff, so if there is a way to optimize picture, just let me know. All in all, I'd say it's a pretty good scan though.

Cheers!

And remember to post pics of the final product if you can.