Famicom AV Modification / Mod

Started by silkd, September 08, 2006, 07:42:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

silkd

I'll try to snap a shot of the white lines, I will also snap a shot of the av out being bright....I just have to solder the parts back on, I took them off to solder it to a pc board for a cleaner install.   I did some testing and made a makeshift sheilding by putting folding some foil up and putting it in a plastic namebadge holder as not to make contact with the rf underside.....it helped out a little, but still not a clean signal.....hell it's foil :)  As far as the heat, I haven't really noticed anything with mine, but I didn't try to pick it up after playing for a while....

super56k

Quote from: silkd on September 24, 2006, 01:01:01 pm
I'll try to snap a shot of the white lines, I will also snap a shot of the av out being bright....I just have to solder the parts back on, I took them off to solder it to a pc board for a cleaner install.   I did some testing and made a makeshift sheilding by putting folding some foil up and putting it in a plastic namebadge holder as not to make contact with the rf underside.....it helped out a little, but still not a clean signal.....hell it's foil :)

Sheet metal! Menards has it.  Though my RF board is naked too.  And I do not get any interference.  Though there is a radio station just a few blocks away, and every time I turn off my FAMICOM, I hear the stations music for about three seconds until the VCR's signal kicks back in. :D

Quote from: silkd on September 24, 2006, 01:01:01 pm
As far as the heat, I haven't really noticed anything with mine, but I didn't try to pick it up after playing for a while....

Please do.  The heat worries me.  As I do not know if this is normal.  Heck, it gets hotter than my Dreamcast if you can believe that. ???
I am currently working on a homepage...  details to follow.

chains

October 04, 2006, 11:27:54 am #17 Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 11:31:58 am by chains
Hi!!

I am new at this forum and my english is very poor, so please, correct me if I write something wrong   :-\

I need some help to build the AV mod at my Famicom:  I don't know where I put the ground (gnd) wire.  ???

Any help will be welcome! Thanks!
if everything fails, use fire...

Doc

Welcome!

You'll have to e-mail kefka (kefka@famicomworld.com), for he is the one who did the AV mod. He can help you. :)

Juggalo/Hulkamaniac

Welcome to the site. What's your language?
"My No. 1 band, Rush, never even split up. Greatness always stays together." - Matt Striker

chains

Quote from: juggalones7 on October 04, 2006, 06:57:55 pm
Welcome to the site. What's your language?

Thanks!

I am from Brazil, I speak portuguese  ;)

@FamicomJL : thanks for your reply. I will email him for suggestions.

On Saturday I'll try to build the MOD again. Thanks to this thread I could manage where the GND goes..

I'll try to take some photos of my MOD and post here..  ;D

Juggalo/Hulkamaniac

So, you have a Famicom? How did you find that?
"My No. 1 band, Rush, never even split up. Greatness always stays together." - Matt Striker

chains

Quote from: juggalones7 on October 05, 2006, 12:25:26 pm
So, you have a Famicom? How did you find that?

Hi juggalones7, i bought from a friend at here : http://www.nes.com.br/forum. It's a NES forum here in Brazil. I don't know how hard is to find a Famicom anywhere in the globe. :(

At Lik-Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com) there is a lot of Famiclones to sell.

By the way, where do you from?

Juggalo/Hulkamaniac

Well Chanis, I'm from Paradise, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada.

Har the cat

Hello,
Im new here and ive got a couple of questions.
the pictures of the famicom pcb  of the subject av modification are different from mine famicom.
The pcb is shorter an the rf unit is open instead of a small case.
I cant find the solderpoints that are shown in the pictures.

Can somebody explain how i must do this?\
Greets,
Har

ps:
I have photos of the famicom, can i place them here?
Intergalactic cat says: Is this planet Earth?

manuel

I think people can help you better when you post photos. ;)

kite200

yes you can place the photo's using img code. they need to be hosted somewhere, since we dont have built in hosting in our establishment here : /

try www.photobucket.com for free (and great) web hosting for images or video

i've noticed a couple people asking this quesiton. the problem is there are multiple versions of the famicom which use different pcb's.

unless someone here knows how to av mod your version, another option is to purchase a pre modded one, or an official av famicom.

both of these run fairly cheap on ebay, a pre modded famicom is about 30 - 50 dollars, and an av about the same for a loose one.
ステキ

133MHz

I don't have a Famicom, but I think it would be easy to follow the video signal coming from one of the PPU pins (the PPU is the same in all revisions, even the NES) and tap the signal after the transistor amplifier, the same for the audio (there are actually two audio out pins, which get mixed by some resistors) so you get your audio right after those resistors.

Har the cat

Thanks..
I will post a couple of photographs tomorrow.
An av famicom is cool but here in holland they are very rare and my paypal is blocked! :(

Har the cat

I have photos of my famicom on photobucket.com.
Thanks for the link! :)
I hope that anyone of you guys can help me.  ???
Ther are some square shaped solder tin spaces????
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/har-the-cat/