April 29, 2024, 03:32:43 am

Older Nintendo Products

Started by vealchop, September 12, 2006, 08:43:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vealchop

Has anyone ever seen actual old merchandise or photos of Nintendo products from the 60's/70's?

These would be:

Hanafuda Cards
Mini Batting Machine
Vaccuum Cleaner
Ultimate Hand Toy (like one of those grabber things on the end of an extending arm)
Laser Light Gun

A lot of these products are featured in the WarioWare series of games. It would be pretty cool to find these items huh?
-chop

JC

September 12, 2006, 08:54:47 am #1 Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 03:27:14 pm by JC
I've never seen anything from Nintendo's early days unless it's a video game system or video gaming-related product. These two systems were from the late '70s:

[Removed]

[Removed]

As you can tell, these are from Japan-Games, so if you want to buy them, Japan-Games has 'em. But they'll cost a pretty penny.

vealchop

Yeah I've seen these on ebay for a while now, most are over-priced though. I'm not even gonna play them I would just want to own them for my collection so I'm not about to drop 300 bucks on one. I'd just as well buy a broken one as long as it was in okay condition.
-chop

NESHero

they were also responible for the Love Tester.
Also known as Pineapplehead.
Australian Retro gamer.

JC

No way! You serious! You mean that thing with the lightbulbs that lights up when you squeeze a handle or place your palm on an imprint?

Doc

They also had Love Hotels...which were only for if you wanted to have sex and wanted to have it RIGHT NOW.

JC

Wait...Nintendo had hotels? --just for quickies!

Doc

michaelthegreat

That's basically where they got their philosphy that games don't need a story, just need to be fun, and are better with more people...   ::)

vealchop

found some great pics (albeit small):

Nintendo Hanafuda Cards:

Nintendo Taxi Service:

Nintendo Ultra Hand:

Nintendo Ultra Machine:

Nintendo Love Tester:

Nintendo Ultra Scope:

Nintendo Light Beam Gun I:

Nintendo Light Beam Gun II:

Nintendo Laser Clay Shooting Alley:

Nintendo Electric Wild Gunman:

Man what I wouldn't do to get my hands on some of these in the box!
-chop

vealchop

Some More 1974 "Wild Gunman" Pics!!!

-chop

manuel

Nice pics.
If anybody is interested, then I could add more hanafuda photos from my collection.
I have the limited edition Club Nintendo Hanafuda set. ;D

Doc

manuel

Well then.
I made the photos smaller, so they load faster.

I'll put up higher resolution images on my homepage, which I hope to finish some time soon.

Here's the box in which the cards came from Club Nintendo.

3 packs of Hanafuda I own. The middle is the Club Nintendo one, the other 2 are regular Nintendo brand cards. Which were quite expensive (It's just cards I mean...) I might add.

Closeup of the Club Nintendo card box.

Opening the box:

A closer look at the cards:

Ain't that Yoshi cute? ;D

All cards lined up:

Doc