April 19, 2024, 10:13:51 pm

Post Count Milestones

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, September 30, 2006, 07:43:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

Didn't the Mayan calendar say that the world was supposed to end sometime within the next couple of years? :o
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

Something like December 21, 2012, I think...but the Mayan's said it just about as much as 133MHz's BIOS says it.

UglyJoe

March 05, 2009, 02:57:15 pm #212 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 03:08:39 pm by UglyJoe
January 19, 2038 will be more interesting.  That's the day the 32-bit unix timestamp will overflow.  It's like the Y2K bug, only much more likely to happen.  Hopefully we'll have all moved on to 64-bit integers by then ;D

edit: also, 1400 posts!

nintendodork

Quote from: JC on March 05, 2009, 02:49:25 pm
Something like December 21, 2012, I think...but the Mayan's said it just about as much as 133MHz's BIOS says it.
I don't know...I don't think the Mayan calendar has been wrong about anything before..
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Blue Protoman

The Mayan calendar is slightly different than ours, but just enough to make a dig difference over along period of time.

On the Mayan calendar, 2012 actually happened in the 1980's with our calendar.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

JC

Oy! Read up on it. The calendar doesn't predict the end of anything. All it does is end, as in the end of tracking a set period of time. You know how your 2008 calendar ended on Dec. 31, 2008; well, that's what the Mayan's calendar does, only they never really had anyone available to print the next one, so to speak.

manuel

And they didn't need one. No Mayans left, right?  ;D

Blue Protoman

BP's Domain
Visit my site today!

nintendodork

Quote from: JC on May 18, 2008, 07:16:14 pm
First person to reach Disk-kun get a prize. You know, the only time we gave something out, I think, was when the 100th member signed up.
Well...JC...it's you..
What do you get? ;D

Also, what did you give the 100th member?

1907th post

JC

I got the pleasure of being the first.

And yikes...you're at 1900...I think that means you post way too much. I notice you often post like you know what you're talking about but then someone has to correct you. I bet if you cut down on that -- and the side conversations with others your age -- your progress would slow significantly.

son_ov_hades

Quote from: JC on March 15, 2009, 07:28:53 pm
I got the pleasure of being the first.

And yikes...you're at 1900...I think that means you post way too much. I notice you often post like you know what you're talking about but then someone has to correct you. I bet if you cut down on that -- and the side conversations with others your age -- your progress would slow significantly.

LOLPWNED

Toneman

Despite that I was one of the first to join Famicom World when it first opened a couple years ago , this is my 100th post.

All this time having a real authentic Famicom system seemed out of reach and I was also busy collecting PC Engine and Turbografx 16 alot
Instagram: Kokujin804

Mindfreak

Blue Protoman

I have 251 posts and I haven't been here as long as you have!
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!

manuel

3000th post.

That's quite a lot...