Glitches/Easter Eggs

Started by nintendodork, February 17, 2009, 03:39:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

Post any strange/cool glitches or easter eggs you find in Famicom games here!

Obviously, the Doki Doki Panic sand glitch....
And...

I was playing Recca on Nestopia, and I found this screen...

If you press A, B, Select, and Start at the beginning when the "Naxat Soft" letters are spinning, you get this screen.  You can press up and down to change your current digit, or press left or right to change your place...you can't enter multiple digits
i.e: You could have 1000000 or 0001000, but you can't have 1001000
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

What does it do though?  Is it the extra life milestone or something?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

Isn't that the limit of points you're supposed to hit within a certain time?

nintendodork

I'm not sure, I'll need to check...
I tried looking for a few possibilities, but so far, nothing's changed.  I'll keep looking though ;D
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

vgthing

maybe the amount of points needed for 1up?
I'M GIVE UP YOUR APPELLATION'S TECHNICAL MONKEY

nintendodork

February 18, 2009, 02:42:16 pm #5 Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:49:43 pm by nintendodork
Maybe...I'll set it at the highest and lowest value and see what happens.

EDIT** Tried both, it's not for a 1-Up, and it doesn't matter how many enemies you kill in standard mode...

:-\

Jedi Master Baiter

If you hold A + B in Gradius while powering on the console you get a message.  I know it works with the NES version, not sure if the Famicom one's the same.

vgthing

in over horizon, you can hold A+B and reset the fami to get a funky mode where you control a strange guy and have horses for options.
also, if you hold up, start and select, then reset, you can access the sound test.

I have lots more for other games, but am too lazy to post them now...

nensondubois

Hold A + B on the second controller 2 when powering up the the console with Lagrange Point inserted to get a sound test. Use D-PAD UP and A to start the song or B to stop it. I tried it on my copy and it works!

Rogles

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on February 18, 2009, 07:55:24 pm
If you hold A + B in Gradius while powering on the console you get a message.  I know it works with the NES version, not sure if the Famicom one's the same.

Just tried it on the famicom. It does.
( ยด_ゝ`)

CaH4e3

(I'm so late huh)
Ehehehe... Your eggs are well known cheats or stuff... Try http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/cheatsbase.php this and look at red marked games with (UNI) label. ;) Anyone know something that is not in that list?

DDCecil

I have these posted at GameFAQs, cool little glitches I discovered:

Rygar/Argos no Senshi:

Warp to Ligar
While fighting Belzar at the end of Lapis, stand to the left of the door and face left. Now let Belzar throw a beam at you. If you did it correctly, you will fall back out the door, into a scrambled area and die. Press start and you'll start at Ligar.

Fester's Quest (Was this ever officially released for the FC?):

Beat Bosses Instantly
You must have a key to do this trick. Once you reach a boss, press start and select the key. From the middle of the screen, walk left and down and rapidly press 'A'. It will say ''Thing gives you Invisible Potion". Press start and you'll be at a scrambled screen. Wait a moment and you'll be at the staircase for the next area. Just DO NOT do this on the final boss, or the game will freeze.

vgthing

I think I found out what the change limit thing on RECCA does. It changes the amount of points that you have to get in Score Attack.

JC

Quote from: CaH4e3 on March 08, 2009, 09:38:13 pm
(Anyone know something that is not in that list?

How about Master Fighter VI'?

Left, Left, B, A, A, Left as the "Push Start" appears on the screen to become a *Super Fighter*

CaH4e3