Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

Not that I'm aware of, although I'd be very interested in seeing that information. There is a list of Famicom games which sold over a million copies, though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nerdynebraskan

I just got done beating Mega Man 2 on my NES. I beat it on difficult without using special weapons, except on the two in Wily's Castle that are immune to the pea shooter (the wall turrets and the final Wily/alien robot). I was also able to do it without using E-tanks, except on the two-stage Wily ship boss and the final Wily boss (although I didn't need it to beat him; I didn't get hit again after using it). And, for the first time in over 20 years of playing this game, I was able to get over the disappearing platforms in Heatman's stage without using Item 2.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

nerdynebraskan

I had a couple of NES games to test today, but they were solid titles so I went ahead and beat them both. I started with Super Mario Bros. 2 (US); I used a couple of warps and kind of zipped through it. I played with Toad for the whole game, and had about 12 lives left after offing Wart. It was a pretty good run, considering I hadn't played the game in several months.

I then re-tested Mega Man 3. Last night, I'd passworded straight to Wily's castle, and beat the game, only for the cart to freeze and crash seconds into the ending cinematics. I'm selling this spare cart to a friend tomorrow, and I wanted to be sure this thing wasn't defective. So I cleaned it again this afternoon, and played through the whole game. I used no special weapons, and tried to avoid using E-tanks, but I wasn't as sharp today as I was yesterday. I needed E-tanks to get past three of the Doc Robots, as well as the Orange Devil and the Wily Spider Tank boss. But hey, the cart played beautifully all the way.

Nightstar699

Awesome! You sound to be very skilled at Mega Man, I respect that. Some people consider Rockman 3 to be among the more difficult entries in the series, I'll never know why. Perhaps I just know the game too well.

Last few games I've beaten:

Konami Wai Wai World 2 - Among the easiest games I've ever played, beat it my first time ever playing, and only dying a couple times. Great game nonetheless, but surprised to play something so easy from Konami.

Doki! Doki! Yuuenchi: Crazyland Daisakusen - On the other hand, this is without a doubt one of the hardest games I've played. I wasn't able to beat it in one sitting, I had to use the password continuation to finish it. Cruelly difficult game, but I really loved the bosses in it.

Batman Dynamite - Now among my favorite games, I've been beating this one a couple times a day since I got it. I love almost every aspect of this game... so far the best I've done is beating it losing only one life... hopefully I'll clear a no-death run of it soon.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Jedi Master Baiter

Nightstar699

Congratulations! If that game is truly as difficult as most claim, then that's quite the accomplishment.

Tonight I beat Ninja Ryukenden III, and Contra on Famicom... Contra was a no-death run, I died a few times on Ninja Gaiden III, but overall I was surprised by how easy the bosses were.

L___E___T

You beat NGIII already?  You only got it recently :)

Even with the easier bosses, I think I might like it more than NGII.
I think I'm the only one though, most like the second more because of the story, but I play in Japanese so it's all lost on me anyway.  I prefer the weapons and platforming in the third one.  The first feels like Spartan X2, walk and hit.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

June 28, 2013, 02:06:10 am #142 Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:50:53 am by Nightstar699
Yeah! This morning... plus it was my first time ever playing. I have NGI + II on NES though, I've had those forever. So I am experienced with the Ninja Gaiden games.

I love all the Ninja Gaiden games, even on Game Boy, Master System and Xbox, so it's really difficult to pick one. I certainly don't play them for the story, though. The story could be about Ryu Hayabusa embarking on a journey to feed the giraffes at a petting zoo, it'd make no difference to me as long as the gameplay was there. I really liked NGIII though, the soundtrack was incredible and the powerups/wall climbing mechanic reminded me of Kage, which, as you know, is one of my favorite games of all time. It just might be my favorite one of the bunch.

Edit: Just completed my no-death run of Batman Dynamite. Yes!

nerdynebraskan

I just beat the third quest of Kick Master (NES). I beat the first two quests last night. I knocked this one out for the NA challenge.

Cheetahmen

Minesweeper on expert. It's largely based on luck even when you know what you're doing, but I still did it. ;)
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

StJackie

Nightstar699

Decided to play some games on my Game Boy Advance SP for the first time in a while. I beat the following:

Ganso! Yancha-Maru
Ninja Gaiden Shadow

Cheetahmen

Mortal Kombat II Special on the Famicom. Played as Sub-Zero for most of it but then I lost and decided to use Shao Kahn for the rest of it. :P
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Jedi Master Baiter

Conker's Pocket Tales - wasn't expecting multiple map areas. :o

But was expecting a final boss. :(