Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Retrospectives

I just beat the Urusei Yatsura game for the FC. Now i cannot get that song out of my head. It is a greatly overlooked game that utilizes much content from the Tv-show and has a really funny humour even though for you who were born in the 90s, it might be seem kind of simplistic but really try it, it's a good game if you haven't tried it yet!!!  :)

Nightstar699

Quote from: nerdynebraskan on February 06, 2015, 08:44:19 pm
nightstar may be interested to know that I scored a first-time completion tonight: Yo! Noid (NES)

The game is much longer than I would have guessed. Overall, it was flawed but enjoyable.

Congratulations, Jackson, haven't played that in a while but it is a great game. I myself mastered 2 more no-death runs lately, Journey to Silius and Kick Master.

So glad I picked up these two for NES, they're now two of my absolute favorites. I could never beat Silius as a kid, but now I can beat it without dying which is cool.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

Nice one - any particular reason you are playing JTS instead of RAF world?  I can't get one with that sprite myself :D
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

I decided to get a bunch of NES stuff recently, mainly games which weren't on Famicom (like Kick Master and Low G Man) and I've been dying to play JTS again so I just figured ehhh might as well get that one too, though since I've fallen back in love with it I do plan to get a CIB copy of RAF World!

That being said I actually like the sprite in JTS better just because he has a little more color to 'im.

Edit: Speaking of which, I've also been obsessed with Street Fighter 2010 lately. Just like Silius, I couldn't beat this one as a child but have been clearing it quite convincing lately... haven't managed to no-death it yet though.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nerdynebraskan

Wario's Woods (NES)

It's my third year in a row taking the game down for the Nintendo Age challenge.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Jedi Master Baiter

Finally completed Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age

Honestly, loved the storyline and gameplay (for the most part), but felt the ending left something to be desired.

Anyone else play this series? I'd talk about it more, but it'd be a spoilerfest. Oh yeah, and the biggest disappointment of all is the lack of a soundtrack release. :'(

Shumi Nagaremono

Completed Wanpaku Duck Yume Bouken (DuckTales) for the first time in like 20 years.  That game deserves every bit of praise it gets.

Protoman

Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on February 28, 2015, 05:50:58 pm
Completed Wanpaku Duck Yume Bouken (DuckTales) for the first time in like 20 years.  That game deserves every bit of praise it gets.

Personally I think it's a bit overrated. Like with the Dreamcast, I just don't see why people praise it so much.

nerdynebraskan

I completed RC Pro-Am II (NES) a couple of days ago. It's only my second time beating it, and I actually finished tied for 1st in overall points this time. (I finished behind a computer the first time I completed it.)

As for Duck Tales, I think it's a great game. It is a little on the short side, as are dozens of other polished platformers on the system. And I wish the last stage hadn't just been a replay of Transylvania with all the goodies removed. But aside from that, the game is a gem.

DDCecil

Protoman

Rockman X3 on Super Famicom

Beat Kaiser Sigma a total of 4 times, but the first 3 times I then died in the rising lava after. Once you get in there you can't get out

nerdynebraskan

I knocked out Conflict (NES) for the second time last night.

sethreign

Creativity is the spice of life

Protoman

A bit modern, but Yakuza 0. Great game in the series as expected

Shumi Nagaremono

The first Ninja Turtles game (Famicom version), Gekikame Ninjaden. 

Interesting note, that game's just not the same without mangled phrasing.