Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

August 02, 2015, 10:38:14 pm #585 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:02:19 am by Jedi QuestMaster
I finally went back and legitimately beat Ironsword. ;D (well, as legitimately as I could. ???)

And it's not that hard as long as you have the invincibility cloak and have the knowhow to stay at the top of the mountain and wreak havoc on all four of the elements at once: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOpMWtbkpjA

Hey, look at that! 4000 posts.

Edit: Beat Wizards & Warriors III now!

UglyJoe

Got my FDS working again and finished off Section Z.  It's easier on the FDS because of the save files.  The last boss took me a while to beat because my health was so low.  Yay for respawning enemies that drop health containers!

Spoiler
[close]

JoshyBoshy

The last game I beat was the original Spyro the Dragon on Playstation 1.
And I beat it 100%.  8)

Zycrow

Always meant to finish Section Z on my NES. One of these days.

Lately I've been hitting the Genesis collection which I've neglected for a long time. I'm working through the Sonic games - recently beat 1 and 2, although I had beaten 2 before in the past. Did not collect the Chaos Emeralds in either. I've never made it all the way through Sonic 3 & Knuckles so I'm pretty excited for that.

Also beat Ranger X (one of the best on the system) and Alisia Dragoon (eventually used a stage select cheat since the game is so stingy with continues).
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18

Protoman

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Zycrow on August 12, 2015, 08:23:45 am
Lately I've been hitting the Genesis collection which I've neglected for a long time. I'm working through the Sonic games - recently beat 1 and 2, although I had beaten 2 before in the past. Did not collect the Chaos Emeralds in either. I've never made it all the way through Sonic 3 & Knuckles so I'm pretty excited for that.

I have not beaten a single Sonic game with all the chaos emeralds (I was close with Sonic 1 Game Gear, though). But I'm going to see if I can do it with Sonic 3D Blast.

By the way, just beat Marble Madness for NES! ;D (why did I wait so long to play this awesome game?) :-\

Mo-hd

Dark Souls II

Amazing game! :star: It took me about 70 hours to beat it.
I would recommend it to everyone here who looking for challenge and to test the skills. :fire:

Spoiler

[close]

Jedi Master Baiter

Beat Sonic 3D Blast! And with all the chaos emeralds! :o

First time in a Sonic game ever!

Algo Fonix

I finished up Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker the other day. It was fun, and I'm kinda glad I held off playing it until now.

P

Final Fantasy Japanese version with my own combination of bugfixes (not me who designed them though).

UglyJoe

Nazo no Kabe: Block Kuzushi (FDS)

Not a bad game, but not a great game.  It's a Konami game but the levels have no music!  The powerups and obstacles keep things interesting, but the levels without any powerups are sheer frustration.  I'm kinda glad that it's over now :-[

Spoiler
[close]

P

Akumajou Dracula (FDS version)

Long time ago I beat this game last time. It's so much easier now when you can save. :D Thanks to my FDSStick!

nerdynebraskan

Captain Commando (SNES, easy difficulty)

Not too bad, but it doesn't have the same charm as the Final Fight series.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Jedi Master Baiter

StarTropics - such a sweet ending :'(

I was half expecting H. Tanaka's name under the 'Music' credit (track 28 on the NSF even takes a cue from Dr. Mario a little bit), but I've never heard of Y. Hirai before. As far as I'm aware this is the only game he's composed.

I had to see what there was in terms of soundtracks and found this.

Zycrow

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on September 13, 2015, 11:23:27 pm
StarTropics - such a sweet ending :'(

I was half expecting H. Tanaka's name under the 'Music' credit (track 28 on the NSF even takes a cue from Dr. Mario a little bit), but I've never heard of Y. Hirai before. As far as I'm aware this is the only game he's composed.

I had to see what there was in terms of soundtracks and found this.

I had 1/2 of a heart left when I beat the final boss. Pretty intense!

Now go play Zoda's Revenge, it's just as fun. The jumping physics are different (you can change direction in midair), which got me killed a few times at the beginning, and there's no "delay" while you change direction or start moving, so it overall feels a bit faster and more action-packed.
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18