All Time favorite NES game?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

It was never released in any Famicom form. But it sounds to me like only a variation of SMB, which could be why it didn't make it into NES or Famicom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._Special

Doc

Hmmm...looks weird, I'm interested!

JC

This page has an emulation of it, but it's a piss-poor emulator (unless the game is just that bad). Note that you have to push X to start the game; otherwise, Mario will be jumping like mad and dying in some whacked out computer mode.

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/special.htm

Nick_Morgan

Zelda without a doubt is my favorite.  Also love MT Punch Out, Tetris, and Mother.

Doc

Mother is a good game. You have the translated version? And I do indeed love Punch Out.

Nick_Morgan

Yeah, I played the translated version on an emulator, then got bored of it.  Now I own a translated 72 pin version and it's one of my favorite NES games.

Doc

That's a problem I have with emulation. Thank god for it, but I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE using a keyboard...

JC

Tried emulation for the first time on Saturday, and I agree -- it's so hard to use the keyboard.

And Nick, I'm not a fan of Zelda or Mother 'cause I hate RPGs, but Tyson and Tetris are cool. :)

You know, another favorite of mine that people always rag on is Snake Rattle and Roll. Man is that challenging and fun -- especially in two-player mode because you can piss your friend off by stealing his grub.

TheSSNintendo

Quote from: FamicomJL on August 14, 2006, 12:00:29 am
That's a problem I have with emulation. Thank god for it, but I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE using a keyboard...

You should buy yourself a gamepad. You could find a good one for at least $25.

Doc

Quote from: TheSSNintendo on August 14, 2006, 02:07:32 pm
Quote from: FamicomJL on August 14, 2006, 12:00:29 am

You should buy yourself a gamepad. You could find a good one for at least $25.

Bah...not wasting that much money...

JC

Hahahahahahaha! Oh dang, that's good! -- "People will come, Ray." ;D

Doc

Quote from: JC on August 14, 2006, 06:27:53 pm
Hahahahahahaha! Oh dang, that's good! -- "People will come, Ray." ;D

Hmm? EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

JC

Just finally noticed you added that to your signature!  :D

Doc

Lol. :P

Another game I like: Contra. I like Super C better though.

Toneman

I'll get back to you in.....20 years.
Instagram: Kokujin804