Japanese NES games unrelased on Famicom

Started by Strider_Hiryu, September 17, 2011, 12:37:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

Adventures of Lolo - Released probably as an introduction to the Eggerland series outside Japan. The sequels Lolo 2 and Lolo 3 was released on famicom though, as Lolo 1 and Lolo 2.

Parodius Duh

Quote from: RC2C05-99 on October 09, 2011, 02:49:02 am
No, both of those were released in Japan.

As far as Noah's Ark via Konami, is that a protoype or UK/EU only?  Because it wasn't sold officially in the US as far as I can tell.

[edit] NVM, I see it was for PAL regions.  Definitely not US.  And it doesn't appear to be developed in Japan, even though published by Konami.

[edit2] Noah's Ark developer = "Source Research & Development".  Definitely not developed in Japan.

Post Merge: October 10, 2011, 03:04:14 am

added]

There is a NTSC region prototype that Mr.Mark and Beaglepuss from nintendo age own. They are planning on releasing it through their prototype rom dumping thread over at NA (really shitty site, just about everyone is an asshole over there, aside from the select 5 who are actually helpful  :P)

cmv2

Cheetahmen

Quote from: cmv2 on October 11, 2011, 02:43:46 pm
newcealand story - kiwi kraze
Technically, that port was developed by Ocean if I remember correctly. Same goes for the European versions of Rainbow Islands and Parasol Stars.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

petik1

Quote from: Parodius Duh on October 10, 2011, 02:43:56 pm
(really shitty site, just about everyone is an asshole over there, aside from the select 5 who are actually helpful  :P)

If you think NA is bad (I honestly don't), try AtariAge for size. They even ousted one of their own programmers.

cmv2

RC2C05-99

I'll add Kiwi Kraze aka New Zealand Story.  'Developed' by English Software Creations, yes, but it seems to be a straight port of a Japan dev'ed arcade game.

RC2C05-99

added:

Little League Baseball : Championship series (SNK, 1990)
Baseball Stars II (Pixel/SNK, 1992)
Legends of the Diamond (Tose/Bandai, 1992)

Jedi Master Baiter

I forgot if this was ever mentioned, but were any of the Marvel games ever ported there?

-X-Men
-Punisher
-Wolverine
-Spiderman

oh & Silver Surfer

Cheetahmen

Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Dendy

At Classic Nintendo Gaming Forum we play nes/famicom games! Join us at http://www.nintendoforum.nl

cmv2

thanks, i see the only image to all internet

DDCecil

Bah. Nevermind. Didn't read the title clear enough. It makes sense now  ;)