Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

maxellnormalbias

My FAMICOM finally shipped in! I turned it to channel 96, and played an NTDEC 82-in-1 pirate multicart. And I have to say, playing with the microphone was fun, but I just had so much fun playing it. The same fun I had playing the NES before it broke, but with games I've never even heard of like Nuts & Milk, Karateka, Yie-ar Kung fu, and more. And my mom played tetris and 1942  :-[

fcgamer

Quote from: maxellnormalbias on November 08, 2014, 10:43:44 pm
My FAMICOM finally shipped in! I turned it to channel 96, and played an NTDEC 82-in-1 pirate multicart. And I have to say, playing with the microphone was fun, but I just had so much fun playing it. The same fun I had playing the NES before it broke, but with games I've never even heard of like Nuts & Milk, Karateka, Yie-ar Kung fu, and more. And my mom played tetris and 1942  :-[

Nice, glad you are getting to experience the fun of the old classics, and also able to discover some new ones as well!  Also, nothing better than playing the old games with your folks, imo - my dad used to sometimes play Rescue Rangers with us, though he couldn't make it past the cactus plants in the first world.  When we first got our NES, for Christmas, Rescue:  The Embassy Mission was received as well, but that was a game for my dad.  He played it once in awhile, and that is still "his" game. 

For recent finds, I haven't found too much.  Early next week (I hope tomorrow) I am expecting a large package containing around 30 different games, but until that one arrives, here is what I recently picked up, over the course of the last month:

In this picture, aside from receiving some fun Famicom games, like Parodius, Salamander, and Kid Dracula (I had this one as a bootleg, but wanted a legit copy), I also managed to get a few other titles that really make me happy.  A Russian buddy of mine was able to hook me up with the Russian carts, and I am really happy to say that this version of Warehouse #18 does not have the glitch in it, that so many copies of the game have.  The glitch affects my other two copies of that game, rendering it unplayable.

Also managed to get one NES game, Contra Spirits, partially thanks to Brian from this forum making mention that he had purchased a copy from the same seller (who is also a member here), and luckily he had another copy, which I bought.  I don't usually collect NES, but for the past three years, I have been unable to find Contra Spirits in Famicom format, thus I opted to get a NES version (for now).  I still hold out hope to get a Famicom version at some point though, whenever I can find it.  :)

Then after an emotional start to last week, I picked up this one.  The start up cost was not pretty, and I am still trying to adjust my routines, though it is getting there.

Due to that pick up, my finds for this week have been minimal.  Today was sunny albeit a little cold, and was the perfect weather to hunt for games.  But I didn't want to stray too far from the apartment, so I didn't get any games.  Yesterday I found a few things locally, and here is the results of that find:

Most of these games I bought from a local buddy of mine, who knows that I collect old video games.  Sometimes on the weekend he will have a bag of goodies for me, and then I exchange the dough for the goodies, and we both are happy :)

I also found a Famicom power glove, though it is missing everything except for the glove itself, apparently.  Although this is never preferable, the price was definitely right, and I honestly doubt I would have used that thing very much anyway.  To me, the Power Glove is quite iconic, though not very practical.  So to have one in the collection, loose, but just to put on display is definitely my speed. 
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Protoman

November 10, 2014, 01:20:25 pm #3857 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:06:24 pm by Protoman

Power Blade 1 and 2, oh yeah.

They're so light, it's almost like there's nothing inside the casings... but they work so I guess there is.

Going to look into having the casings switched to officials though, because personally I don't really like pirate carts...

cieniu71

this is my best cartridge!

L___E___T

What's 'The Universe Soldiers'?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

BonBon

That kid icarus is beautiful is it the FDS version or NES version either way if you ever want to part with it I will buy it for sure.

cieniu71

Quote from: L___E___T on November 11, 2014, 10:47:41 am
What's 'The Universe Soldiers'?

exactly this is this game- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MTrJzMatIM

and...

Quote from: Jay-ray on November 11, 2014, 10:52:02 am
That kid icarus is beautiful is it the FDS version or NES version either way if you ever want to part with it I will buy it for sure.

exactly this is this game- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz8L-_MpzSM

Probably never sell, and how to sell it the price will be very high;)

Poyplemcmuffins

Where did you get that Universe Soldiers game? It looks so cool!!

L___E___T

It does look awesome - really nice music too!

My latest find:

Don't normally bother with CIB these days but this was a beauty I just couldn't pass up.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

cieniu71

Quote from: Poyplemcmuffins on November 11, 2014, 01:29:40 pm
Where did you get that Universe Soldiers game? It looks so cool!!

I bought from a friend who sells games through the Internet in Poland. Before you sell it first asks me if I want to buy something :)

Nightstar699

Quote from: L___E___T on November 11, 2014, 03:49:30 pm
It does look awesome - really nice music too!

My latest find:

Don't normally bother with CIB these days but this was a beauty I just couldn't pass up.

Ah, that is incredible, L___E___T! A game which has been on my list for years, and you've got it in beautiful condition there. Enjoy it, man. What about those 'other' finds of yours we discussed previously? I'm still excited to see those.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

stealthlurker

That Metal Storm looks factory new L___E___T, amazing!! Fantastic one to have in the collection is such superb condition as well  :star: :star:

L___E___T

I'm jealous of all those FDS conversions Alex - very nice :)

Normally I don't get CIBs, they just got too expensive for me but Metalstorm is an exception - it's actually a Christmas present from my better half.  Last year she got me Manuel's MegaDrive, I couldn't be happier :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Bob-Bob

Dude, how rich is your girlfriend? What do I have to do to get her to buy me Metal Storm?  :crazy: