Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

That is one cool looking pirate cart. Where is the ribbon for the converter though?

FamicomFreak

If it's honey bee I'm not sure it has one. I like the mario 3 pirate cart looks pretty kewl and mario is nowhere to be seen!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

I don't think HoneyBees came with ribbons. I have HoneyBee where someone put together two pieces of black electrical tape to make a ribbon.

MaxXimus

Would it not get stuck without something to pull it out?

133MHz

I think people with small hands (or a pair of screwdrivers) could take the cart by the sides and pull the entire thing out. I can't ;D.

MaxXimus

Well mine has a ribbon so it's all good. Mine has either Korean or Thai(I think it's Korean) writing on it. It's kind of neat.

JC

From my experience with ribbonless converters, the connection between the converter and the cart is tighter than the connection between the converter and the system, so they come out pretty easily. I do, however, prefer to use my converters that have ribbons...because the ones with ribbons are guaranteed to come out every time.

MaxXimus

My converter is extremely tight when it comes to attaching and detaching the cart.

Paul-FC

December 20, 2007, 12:07:52 pm #444 Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 06:45:14 pm by popibros1
i don't care if it has a ribbon because my NES is open [i took off my cover]

my nes

JC

Haha...I do the same thing, only I keep mine with the unscrewed top on it -- to keep the dust out.

Jollie

for the adapter thing all you do is put the nes thing in down position and wiggle the cart as the thing releases and comes up. thats what i do at least and i havent gotten it stuck yet.
Great Fox will cover you.

Paul-FC

WOW LOOK AT WHAT I JUST BOUGHT  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220189348054&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012
it is actually not a SMB2J cart :'( but  the title screen says super mario bros 2 but you start on a water stage ;D

FamicomFreak

Quote from: popibros1 on January 08, 2008, 05:02:42 pm
WOW LOOK AT WHAT I JUST BOUGHT  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220189348054&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012
it is actually not a SMB2J cart :'( but  the title screen says super mario bros 2 but you start on a water stage ;D

Hey that's pretty kewl. Sorry it wasn't SMB2J but I like the converter it comes with!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Paul-FC

i though honey bees did not come with ribbons