Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ericj

YAY! I just got my twin fami from Japan! Only $20 on ebay and came with 5 disks & 5 cartridges! I love it!

I also ordered, but haven't yet received, the Lost Levels SMB which I'm really excited to play--hopefully will arrive in a few days! I just started collecting famicom stuff, now I have over 60 games and several multi-carts. Just wondering what disks are good to get. Any advice? I'm looking for games that are different than the US NES versions.

I have the Family Trainer, 3d glasses, and Arkanoid game & controller for the Fami but don't yet have the light gun or any other controllers. Anyone have something they'd like to sell? I have an original Famicom that I could never get to work (damn!) but was told that it worked when I bought it--maybe trade?? for something.

I've been playing my games on a famiclone which is exactly the same as the Fami but with turbo buttons on the controllers, AV outputs, and no mic on controller #2.

Love the site, btw!

Thanks! -Eric

2A03

$20? Damn, I paid something like $140 for mine. How the hell do you get a Twin Fami for $20?

nurd

I think I saw that onoe. It was 20 dollars because oof EXTREEM shipping.

ericj

Shipping was $60, but for a total, that only made like $80 so it was a damn good deal, especially since there were 10 games with it. Guess no one was bidding on it at night when the auction ended. I got it in like 4 days, too, from Japan to Oregon. I rarely get domestic mail that fast.   ;D

nurd

Quote from: MaxXimus on February 17, 2008, 09:10:55 am
As I said, I saw a Sonic cart go for dirt cheap on ebay.

How does  one go  about finding pirates like this?
Type in Somari, you get Somali.
I have a hard enough time trying to get Pokemon Jade :P

JC

Best place to find good pirates is on this and other forums. I get all of mine from people who post ones for sale on forums. It's harder to find them on eBay, and even if you do, they sell for too much.

And I don't know enough about the Sonic games to know exactly how many were made for the Famicom. I've seen at least two different ones, but the screens posted above look like a third, though I've never come across a cart of it.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: JC on February 24, 2008, 02:58:28 pm
Best place to find good pirates is on this and other forums. I get all of mine from people who post ones for sale on forums. It's harder to find them on eBay, and even if you do, they sell for too much.

And I don't know enough about the Sonic games to know exactly how many were made for the Famicom. I've seen at least two different ones, but the screens posted above look like a third, though I've never come across a cart of it.

get me mario 8 I have a secret savings stash for it wkekekekekee
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

MaxXimus

As badly as I would also like to collect the Mario pirate series, if I come across a Mario 8, I will for sure pick it up for you. You really seem to want it badly, and I would want others to do the same for me. :)

Paul-FC

Quote from: MaxXimus on February 25, 2008, 01:50:50 pm
As badly as I would also like to collect the Mario pirate series, if I come across a Mario 8, I will for sure pick it up for you. You really seem to want it badly, and I would want others to do the same for me. :)

i thought i saw one Yahoo Japan

planet_haxxor

Mario 8 is really bloody elusive! can't find it anywhere.

got  a mario 10 on lock if anyone's interested.

picked up samurai spirits for famicom today (pirate port of the neo geo game). excellent intro, alright character models.

also found an original Final Conflict famicom cart. good game, way too hard off the bat.

also got Master Chu (Sachen famicom cart). nice cart, bad game.

MaxXimus

Super Mario 10 is pretty common.

planet_haxxor

Quote from: MaxXimus on February 25, 2008, 11:32:10 pm
Super Mario 10 is pretty common.

ah right. strange how damn impossible mario 8 and world are t find though. same goes for stuff like Kart Fighters, though I can now get that in newer cart format, though no way as enticing as the old carts.

MaxXimus

How much for a cheapo kart fighter?

Hehaji has another Super Mario World for sale last I checked. Good quality too. :)

planet_haxxor

25 dollars shipped from Argentina. which is quite cheap considering the price includes shipping, which is around 9 US dollars if I remember correctly. 

oh and I can get boogerman in multicart (3-in-1), but price is 28 dollars shipped until I find a cheaper source.

who's Hehaji and how much does SMW go for?

MaxXimus

Hehaji is a member of the forums, and he sells them for $60 shipped.