Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Gimmick

Thanks for the info   :)

I basically looks like they enlarged the image from the original label. Its interesting that its so similar to the original as many of the other pirates i've seen on here look very different. It'll be interesting to see what that text is at the bottom left corner when i get it. Also, do pirates usually have labels on the back?
I want your CIB PAL Gimmick!
http://mrgimmick.proboards80.com/index.cgi

planet_haxxor

Quote from: JC on March 15, 2008, 08:40:16 pm

--

Got some of my stuff today! Here's what I think:

Boogerman
(awesome, but I couldn't figure out how to navigate the second part of the first level!)

I can't remember how far I got in it. it is great though, no?
QuoteBubble Bobble
(it's the FDS version! How can you tell: The selection screen doesn't have the password option and the EXTEND screen is all those cookie looking things instead of cookies/letters)

wow. so.. that's awesome, could be worth a bit. doubt it's too common. what other fds games (apart from mario) got converted to cart (unoficially)?

QuoteFatal Fury 2
(crappiest fighter I've ever played; highly not recommended)

yeah? I played alot worse. I liked it for what it was infact  :P

QuoteHarry's Legend
(very cool original plaformer. I expected it to be a hack of that magic carpet game, but it's not! it's quite fun and the boss [same throughout it seems] gets harder and harder)

dude, I want to see some pics! that's intruiging.
QuoteKart Fighter
(second crappiest fighter I've ever played; I don't get why people want this game)

the game's just bizzaro, but has alot of Nintendo appeal I feel.

Lion King
(cool and just like the Genesis version, I think. Simba is cute as hell)

yeah good game for  sure. another variation on Aladin/Boogerman etc. right?
QuoteMortal Kombat: 18 people
(typical but fun)

any fatalities?

QuoteSonic the Hedgehog
(not unhacked Somari; a completely different version of Sonic -- really fun, but I already have this version)

which Sonic is this? is it the same one as I posted pics of in my selling thread?

JC

FDS Bubble Bobble as a cart is probably more common than we think. I bet most people who own pirated carts of it just don't know how to tell the difference. But, who knows, I may have just gotten very lucky, considering this is the first Bubble Bobble pirate I've ever purchased. Samurai Spirits and Doki Doki Panic are two disk-exclusives that were ported; and there have to be others.

I'll work on some quick reviews of these games. That Harry Potter game is neat. The levels are very short. It can probably be beaten in 15 minutes with a little bit of practice. And because the levels are short, I'm convinced it's an original, not a hack -- but it's never certain until other people have a look at it. Lion King is very similar to those other games, you're right. MK has blood splatter but no fatalities. I've never come across a version of MK that has them. And the Sonic looks like the one you posted. There seem to be more variations of Sonic than I thought.

planet_haxxor

samurai spirits came out for fds??  ???
you mean a conversion of the SNK gam right? not the Sachen game?
in any case if it is a port of the SNK game then it must certainly be unlicenced.
and thanks for answering my quetions.

NintendoKing

Quote from: Mr. Gimmick on March 15, 2008, 04:13:05 pm
I'm very excited. I just won a copy of snow bros for the famicom. I heard this game was very rare, and I love the NES version so I figured I'd pick it up. Bought it for only $10 shipped. Good deal?

You have got some great luck, nice find.

JC

Quote from: planet_haxxor on March 16, 2008, 01:16:04 am
samurai spirits came out for fds??  ???

I could be very wrong, but for some reason I'm thinking it did. I just took a quick look at our games lists and didn't find the info I was expecting to back up my claim. :-\ I wonder where I've heard this info before. Maybe I saw a pirated disk somewhere.

Paul-FC

FamicomFreak

Quote from: popibros1 on March 18, 2008, 04:30:00 pm
i got my pirates today

Awesome stuff! Pirates are fun to have but I have sadly gotten less attracted to them due to the fact that I keep getting the same games over and over.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

planet_haxxor

you need to deal with someone like me then  ;D

Quote from: FamicomFreak on March 18, 2008, 06:03:41 pm
i got my pirates today

Awesome stuff! Pirates are fun to have but I have sadly gotten less attracted to them due to the fact that I keep getting the same games over and over.

JC

I used to buy every pirate lot I came across, and then, like you, I got tired of getting the same games. This is especially true of multicarts...so boring after a while, unless you find some weird hacks on them, which is tough to do. I've gotten much more selective about the pirates I buy, only looking for the ones I'm really interested in, but my "wants" list is getting short.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: planet_haxxor on March 18, 2008, 06:56:39 pm

i got my pirates today

get me mario 8

planet_haxxor

I got it, but it's not for sale for the time being.
Quote from: FamicomFreak on March 19, 2008, 07:52:50 am
Quote from: planet_haxxor on March 18, 2008, 06:56:39 pm

i got my pirates today

get me mario 8

Paul-FC

March 19, 2008, 07:06:50 pm #552 Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:44:46 pm by popibros1
i take that as a NO

planet_haxxor

Quote from: popibros1 on March 19, 2008, 07:06:50 pm
i take that is a NO

lol, it's a future yes. I need to play it a bit

oh and I have the mother of all multicarts. it's filled with weird hacks and stuff I've never seen before.
oh and pandamar is on it too  ;D

FamicomFreak

AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOO WeLL I'll be going to south america later this year probably for christmas with my wife so I'll find it there for sure!! WKEKEKEKEK BUT I CANT WAIT AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA