Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

Here I was able to get a shot of the newest Famicom carts I got.

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nurd

Cool. Where do you keep getting these? xD

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Walky

Quote from: FamicomFreak on December 18, 2008, 11:24:15 pm
Double Dragon IV if I remember correctly could be that wanna be double dragon game where you have to fight a guy in the bike at the beginning and seems impossible to kick his ass.....I'll find the name of the game when I get to it....

Exactly, It's a hack of Target Renegade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGfAT4YRcX8

I have this "Double Dragon IV" cart, but it's slightly different from the one in the video (look at the title screen):

Sorry for the bad quality, the pics are more than a year old and I didn't have a proper camera at that time.

BTW, I love Arumana no Kiseki!! Great game!

Walky

JC

And just a title screen hack, I think.

nintendodork

I wonder why some companies would just change a title screen completely and nothing else.  Or companies who put false labels such as Rockman 7 when it's just Rockman 6.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

Really? You don't know?

Hint: $

nintendodork

Oops...haha, I should have realized that...
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

133MHz

Quote from: nintendodork on January 01, 2009, 12:52:28 pm
I wonder why some companies would just change a title screen completely and nothing else.

Laziness/Zero budget (and ethics of course).

Or companies who put false labels such as Rockman 7 when it's just Rockman 6.

To generate hype and sell more by deception.

nintendodork

Quote from: 133MHz on January 01, 2009, 02:32:17 pm
I wonder why some companies would just change a title screen completely and nothing else.

Laziness/Zero budget (and ethics of course)
But if they're advertising the same game.... what do they gain from changing the title screen?

133MHz

Avoiding copyright sanctions. It's a worse legal offense to use a trademark name without permission than copying an entire game.

nintendodork

I see your point now :P Sorry.

Walky

That's right, and it applies to many other products as well (not only electronics). I think most of us must have seen "SONI" headphones and stuff like that somewhere... or even ugly engrish text in bootlegs that would otherwise look almost identical to the original thing, even when sometimes they copy the exact brand's name... I once saw a "Nike" (bootleg, but the same name) sports wristwatch with "Michael Jordon" written in it!!!

nintendodork

It's so weird how they have none of this pirate stuff in the U.S.  It would be nice for games and stuff...but I don't want a knockoff of a watch or shoes that I really want unless it's authorized ;) and I know it's an authorized knockoff