Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogles

( ´_ゝ`)

nintendodork

Really?  Because I always thought it was alcohol..
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Rogles

( ´_ゝ`)

133MHz

If using water, be sure to dry it off thoroughly and quickly since it can corrode the contacts and leave salt deposits in them.
Isopropyl alcohol is the best option, a bottle of the stuff is about a dollar at your favorite electronics store. If not available, rubbing alcohol's good too.

nintendodork

Quote from: Rogles on January 08, 2009, 05:52:48 pm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110310264541
I got SMB and Family Circuit today in the mail from him....make sure you clean the carts first lol...that's the whole reason I asked :P

Quote from: 133MHz on January 08, 2009, 05:57:58 pm
If using water, be sure to dry it off thoroughly and quickly since it can corrode the contacts and leave salt deposits in them.
Isopropyl alcohol is the best option, a bottle of the stuff is about a dollar at your favorite electronics store. If not available, rubbing alcohol's good too.
And when I use the alcohol..should I use it on every part of the pins...or just the very bottom...sorry if that doesn't make any sense :-[ :-\
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Rogles

Er... I'm not too sure, but I think that the sides are the most crucial spot, since that's where the cart slot... like... contacts them.
( ´_ゝ`)

133MHz

Quote from: nintendodork on January 08, 2009, 05:58:47 pm
And when I use the alcohol..should I use it on every part of the pins...or just the very bottom...sorry if that doesn't make any sense :-[ :-\

Try to clean as much as you can. Alcohol dries quickly and doesn't leave any residue on the pins so don't worry ;).

nintendodork

I think Rogles got the idea...

He said to clean the sides...so should I clean the bottom of the board that's sticking out the bottom too?  Or should I just get the sides?

Rogles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380082783017

Quotegot SMB and Family Circuit today in the mail from him....

I got my SMB from him too.
( ´_ゝ`)

nintendodork

Does yours have writing on the back?  Like from a marker?

nurd

Just clean everything to be safe :)

nintendodork

Quote from: nurd on January 08, 2009, 06:14:46 pm
Just clean everything to be safe :)
Ok, I just didn't know if I needed to avoid the bottom of it..but now..I'm off to get the rubbing alcohol conveniently located in the cabinet a few yards away 

Rogles

Quote from: nintendodork on January 08, 2009, 06:14:26 pm

No... Why?
( ´_ゝ`)

nintendodork

Quote from: Rogles on January 08, 2009, 06:16:48 pm
Quote from: nintendodork on January 08, 2009, 06:14:26 pm

No... Why?
Mine has a few japanese characters on the back...

nurd

Quote from: nintendodork on January 08, 2009, 06:17:09 pm

Mine has a few japanese characters on the back...

Like Doraemon And Those fighting robots? :P

Kidding :P

Try to find out what it says :P