Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Medisinyl

/\ I know I've seen it that way numerous times, but it doesn't make any sense (since the cover shows a bunch of girls, I expected it meant gal force), and Famicomshop or risingstuff was calling it Gal Force.

japanfreak

I always use that guy^ in Parodius:P

Tjibynn

Here is what the mailman bring to me earlier today:

UglyJoe

Oooh, you got those sweet Sunsoft dodgeball games.  I was never quite sure what was going on while playing them, but they were still fun.

Agent X

It is GAL FORCE not GALL FORCE.  Some places for whatever reason used to misprint the title.  I'm a huge fan of the various animes, so please forgive my flashback to 1990s Japanimation Otaku Fanboi coming out in me.  Katty FTW! Making me want to bust out all my old VHS tapes of that series.  ***How does the game play BTW?  It's one of those games along with Dirty Pair that I want but don't have an FDS system nor Famicom Twin.  One day maybe.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

Medisinyl

/\  Just found this MSX YT vid ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dihQ8iAQsiY ), and the title shows an additional smaller L after GAL, so that explains why it has been called Gall, still, Gal Force would make more sense  >:(  (But it does seem that Gall is the official name it goes by). 

Tupin

It's a really good shooter, one of those games that will wear on your thumb unless you have a turbo controller.

Agent X

Quote from: Medisinyl on March 19, 2009, 05:49:16 pm
/\  Just found this MSX YT vid ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dihQ8iAQsiY ), and the title shows an additional smaller L after GAL, so that explains why it has been called Gall, still, Gal Force would make more sense  >:(  (But it does seem that Gall is the official name it goes by). 

You my friend are absolutely RIGHT.  I never noticed the smaller "L" on my box covers.  I always figured that was just a little thingy put there, sort of how I always use asterisks when wanting to emphasis a *word*, and sometimes the swiggly line ~when listing things.  Never saw it as part of the title.  I stand corrected sir.  ;D

Quote from: Tupin on March 19, 2009, 06:33:05 pm
It's a really good shooter, one of those games that will wear on your thumb unless you have a turbo controller.

Hmm... thanks for the reply.  Makes me want to track down an FDS and the game even more now.  But right now I'm going to keep on with the SFC collecting.  Never thought the day would come that I'd actually be liking it over my beloved Mega Drive, but I've just about had it with that system.  Save Bare Knuckle 2 and a few other "can't live withouts". 
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

djdac

Got a Pro-Wrestling Famicom Box Station cart.

Medisinyl

Got these in the mail yesterday...  SMB1 with SMB2 written on the back (with the SMB2 label...around 17 stars on the SMB2).  And the 4 in 1 from Dante Vale, which is by far the cheapest quality pirate cart I own (extremely flimsy case with a very short glob-top board).  Not that I was expecting anything better, though the games are interesting...  Yet the Harry Potter game (not sure what it is a hack of) has got to be the most disturbing game I've played--for whatever reason, the music just seems really bizarre and hearing it while looking at what appears to be a naked harry potter humping a broomstick while the "broomstick" is flapping around is just...odd.

Tjibynn

this was in the mailbox today..

//Tjibynn

ericj

Rogles

( ´_ゝ`)

Medisinyl

/\  Life Force is a great game.  I plan on getting a CIB Salamander eventually.

Rogles

( ´_ゝ`)