Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MS-DOS4

October 16, 2010, 05:23:18 pm #1935 Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:31:09 pm by MS-DOS4
Just got Trenton_Net's subor famiclone keyboard. Cool item, but not as cool as 133MHz's which has a printer port.  Here's a picture:

Nice touch with the gold lettering

Way too expensive, but if you've wanted an 8-bit keyboard go check Trenton's thread.  
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

ericj

How's it work and what type of TV are you using it on?

I may pick up one of those if it works okay.  :)

MS-DOS4

I'm using a NTSC tv. I'll need to dump another $150-300 on a GOOD pal to ntsc converter (all I get is a scrolling black and white picture, making the entire unit useless)

Anyway, from what I can tell it works fine. It accepts all my famicom cartridges, and while the picture is messed up for obvious reasons, the sound is fine and so are the controls.

NintendoKing

Quote from: MS-DOS4 on October 16, 2010, 06:13:41 pm
I'm using a NTSC tv. I'll need to dump another $150-300 on a GOOD pal to ntsc converter (all I get is a scrolling black and white picture, making the entire unit useless)

Anyway, from what I can tell it works fine. It accepts all my famicom cartridges, and while the picture is messed up for obvious reasons, the sound is fine and so are the controls.

Even with a converter from what I have heard you will still get black and white.

MS-DOS4

I think the cheap $30~ units turn the picture to full color, but won't stop the screen from scrolling. The expensive ones will make the picture color AND stop the scrolling. If you have an old TV with a VHOLD knob on the back, you can opt for the cheap converters, but on modern TVs you need to pay a pretty penny.

I also hear very modern TVs can handle both signals, but my LCD and tube appears to not.

ericj

A cheap PAL to NTSC converter will get you color, but the scrolling won't be fixed with a cheap one unless your TV can adjust vertical hold. If you have an old enough TV, you can get away using a cheap converter. I've seen cheap old CRT TVs with the necessary v-hold adjustment for free or $10-20. Just haven't gotten one yet to try my keyboard famiclone out on.

EDIT: MS-DOS4 beat me to it. :D

MS-DOS4

Yeah, I think I'm going to try to get ahold of an old TV and a cheap converter. It'll be more of a hassle, but will probably save me lots of cash.

jpx72

I don't understand why there is so much trouble to run PAL consoles in NTSC areas...  Why it is so, that I can run NTSC Famicom with AV mod on any old/new PAL TV in full colour and super sound? I always thought that composite output isn't specific to NTSC/PAL. But now I see it is.

famiac

this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230538923153&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

it's a pretty rare pirate, i dont give a damn about labels that much, at least it has one.

Bramsworth

I had no idea there were other pirates of that..pirate  :D I know the original version has the same art from DKC.

MS-DOS4

famiac

Thanks! I was the only bidder lol.

Bramsworth

October 23, 2010, 06:09:44 pm #1947 Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:04:47 pm by Bramsworth
Shows two bids. You bid twice?  :P

I really need to pay more attention to eBay. Just too lazy, seems like there's lots of finds there that I'm never aware of.

Post Merge: October 25, 2010, 09:04:46 pm

Finally my own find  ;D

Probably the first Famicom pirate I've found that doesn't have substantial damage to the gold rim around the sides. Not to mention it's Famicom =p Of all the systems i collect I barely find anything for it, hope my currect luck keeps up!

Ryo

Wow !!! single cart  Kart Fighter.

Nice finds. ;)

ATARI7800

great job finding cart fighter  :)