Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddo

January 23, 2011, 10:44:17 am #2055 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:37:05 pm by Kiddo
Actually these are the first famicom carts I find in a store here in Iceland although I have found one guy online willing to sell me some carts but at unreasonable prices.

As for not finding much of the pirate carts in the US and Japan, I'd take a guess that it is because it was already pretty easy to get a hold of offical carts, with Nintendo having a firm foothold in Japan and an official branch in the US. As for over here in the middle of the atlantic, the old NES system had distibutors, but all we got famicom wise here were pirates, so that is the only thing you can find here. But with the NES being as big as it was over here, the famiclone owners were very few so finding pirates is a bit hard. 

Post Merge: January 25, 2011, 04:37:04 pm

Went and returned the broken pirates and got this curious cart instead:

Can anyone tell from the language on the back of the cart where this is made?

I have not seen a pirate cart that looks like this around here before.

Also got Werewolf for the NES since the only other pirate cart he had was Galaxian but I already have that exact same pirate cart.

ericj

January 27, 2011, 06:51:31 pm #2056 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:48:46 am by ericj
A Game Master and Master Link. These are fairly rare and expensive Famicom copiers that allow you to do some cool things, like perform save states with cart games in either the 6M internal memory or onto FDS disks (via the Master Link), play games in selectable incremental slow motion, and copy disks with a built-in copy program. The Master Link connects to the Game Master with a female-to-female DA-15 cable, which I also have but isn't pictured.  I'll have some info within a week or so on my site, including a translated instruction manual and showing what it does.

jpx72

Those Famicom copiers are sooo good looking devices! I must buy one!

manuel

Quote from: Kiddo on January 23, 2011, 10:44:17 am
Can anyone tell from the language on the back of the cart where this is made?

The language on the back is Japanese, on the front Chinese.
I love the color of that cart! So beautiful.

jpx72

The pinkiest cartridge EVER! Also, check how the PCB looks like
http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=3953

MS-DOS4

Quote from: jpx72 on February 01, 2011, 10:09:46 pm
check how the PCB looks like
http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=3953

My god, is all that really necessary? What kind of super game is this?
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

jpx72

I think it's because it "communicates" with the dance/excersise mat
and also simulate human voice ("let's go!" "ready!" "Good!" etc., pretty funny :D)

NintendoKing

I will also be getting a copy of "All Night Nippon" on a Famicom cartridge, and yes they are reproductions using the new fixed sprite hack that I made.

Famicom cartridge based reproductions are very hard to come by and so are people willing to do the surgery for said reproduction.

ericj

The SMB ANN FDS rom image is available, and I think a copy on a FDS disk is better than a cart version with incorrect levels. Just my opinion, though. I imagine that the sprites & levels can be ripped from the FDS image to make a "correct" cart version, too.

EDIT: Moved post; initially posted this under the wrong thread/topic.

NintendoKing

The sprites are all right in the reproduction I am getting but obviously about 1/3 of the levels are wrong. But honestly that doesn't bother me much as I cannot even get past 4-1 by simply playing through in original SMB.

I just wanted the fabled game on a cart, as I do not own a Disk System and likely wont ever.

petik1

Got my first FDS game. Super Lode Runner for $7. Too bad I don't have a disk system.  :upsetroll:

NintendoKing

March 01, 2011, 12:08:54 pm #2066 Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:18:03 pm by The Uninvited Gremlin

The pink one is my copy of "All Night Nippon: Super Mario Bros."

The orange one is Gyromiter's copy.

It plays like a dream, and makes me so happy!   :mario:

NintendoKing

March 01, 2011, 01:04:25 pm #2067 Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:14:51 pm by The Uninvited Gremlin
I do not understand why; its not like I am introducing it into the world.  ::) Its for my own personal use. :mario:

(Gyromiter has told me to show you guys this, he is at my house right now.)

L___E___T

I'd love an ANN SMB repro cart!  Where could I find one?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

senseiman

I picked up 10 Famicom carts I needed on the way home today, put some pics up on my blog here:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-famicom-carts-of-2011.html

It was  a pretty good haul, as I needed 9 of the carts.  I now have 647 of them, almost 2/3 of the way to the whole set.  Its getting extremely difficult at this point to find ones I don't already have, so scoring 9 in one go is quite the coup for me! ;D