Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryo

nensondubois

Adventure Island from what I though was a too good to be true lot. People should *really* make their descriptions thorough. Damn Ebay idiots.

L___E___T

I managed to find one of these after years of searching for a lovely, pristine and unused one:

I know I am being cheeky, but hey, it's technically a Famicom find still, right?  :octorok:
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nintendodork

Quote from: L___E___T on April 05, 2011, 12:06:51 pm
I managed to find one of these after years of searching for a lovely, pristine and unused one:

I know I am being cheeky, but hey, it's technically a Famicom find still, right?  :octorok:
That's awesome, L__E__T!  I've never seen one that looked so nice! Those are definitely cooler than the Famicom edition GB Micro. :star:
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

It is nice, but I've literally been looking for about 5 or 6 years for a reasonably priced beautiful one.  I have the Famicom Micro and P2 faceplate along with all the Famicom Mini games and display boxes so this kinda completed the set after so many years.  I actually don't have the regular Famicom GBA SP and I wonder if I'll bother with the ultra-rare Robot Taisen Mini game, but there ya go.

I must say though, Nico's recent finds are very appetising indeed!  All CIB too by the looks of it! Great!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

Nico87

Quote from: L___E___T on April 05, 2011, 02:23:26 pm

I must say though, Nico's recent finds are very appetising indeed!  All CIB too by the looks of it! Great!

Yeah, I've been on a Famicom kick lately. All my games for every system are CIB, so I went that way with Famicom aswell. Pretty tempting to just get loose carts for cheap, but nah. Also cool that each of those games also came with the standard papers (though I couldn't bother to include them all in the various pictures) that came with every Famicom game. They're not included more often than not, so I'm pleased that these copies still had them!

Complete copies of Metal Storm and Bucky O'Hare should be arriving soon, though I'm pretty busy with Hebereke (Ufouria) at the moment. Love it!

My Famicom count is up to 19 now, plus 6 CIB Disk System games!  :) Trying to be picky about which games to buy.

nensondubois

Alright, this is a little weird, but cool nonetheless. I received a package today. I was refunded from the guy who was selling a random game from a lot that I thought was too good to be true. Bad communication gave me a free copy of adventure Island. I wasn't expecting any of ordered items to come this early. I wasn't sure at first who gave me it.

NintendoKing

April 14, 2011, 01:49:10 pm #2110 Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:30:57 pm by The Uninvited Gremlin
Today for $5 locally, I got a Power Games penguin famiclone; I quickly popped Everquest into it and all I get out of the game is a color blotch. I have tested all my other games, its the only one that doesn't work.

Everquest does not work in Famicom, AV Famicom, NES-101 Toploader with adapter, NES-001 Toaster with adapter, Power Games Penguin Famiclone or a Yobo FC game console with adapter.

*sigh*

The only system I know it works with based on Trenton_net testing is Game Theory Admiral... is that all it works on?

(The Penguin Famiclone system came with one wireless controller, 1 wired controller, a lightgun and a 111in1 cartridge which appears to have literally 111 individual games.)

nintendodork

I would think all of the games Trenton_net sells would have the same compatibility rate with clones.  The Pokemon Crystal pirate I got from him worked in my Power Joy III when it worked.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

NintendoKing

April 14, 2011, 07:16:47 pm #2113 Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:11:42 am by The Uninvited Gremlin
Quote from: nintendodork on April 14, 2011, 04:39:54 pm
I would think all of the games Trenton_net sells would have the same compatibility rate with clones.  The Pokemon Crystal pirate I got from him worked in my Power Joy III when it worked.

I don't know, I just badly wanted to play Everquest on a Famicom.
On a side note, the Penguin clone is loads of fun to use.

EDIT - Trenton_net, made everything alright and today Satomi Hakkenden arrived which is almost exactly the same as Everquest.

MWK