Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2019, 07:03:25 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Something You Learned Today
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 Print
Author Topic: Something You Learned Today  (Read 143959 times)
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2014, 01:38:15 PM »

I've majorly messed up my college, so you aren't the only one. School is not a race, you can only finish it when you're ready. Don't worry  Wink

I took 6 years to finish university and get a Bachelor's Degree.  I started out with a major in Computer Science, and I sucked in that field, and finally switched to MIS after wasting a year and a half in CS.  Then I was going to get an MIS degree, but during a study abroad to Germany (to fulfill the courses for my German minor), I had an epiphany, that I hated MIS too, and really wanted to study languages.  So I returned home, switched to English (I would have switched to German but they didn't offer it as a major subject) and spent the next few years kicking ass, finishing up an English degree.  I then graduated after six years, with a major in English, and minors in German, Business, and Computer Science, due to the classes I had taken Wink

The best part for me was that at the end of my studies (when I studied English) my outlook had changed so much from going in (from high school), and I was a much better student later.  I would write papers and my professors would always tell me that my papers were grad student quality, and my classmates' papers were often just in a totally different league, well a worse league.

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com
Jedi QuestMaster
Jedi Knight
FW Legacy
FamicomBox

« Reply #331 on: December 04, 2014, 02:25:45 AM »

Operating a right-side driving vehicle isn't so hard. Cool

I still can't back up worth shit, though. Sad

number47
AV Famicom
Estonia Estonia

Zhiliton 938-A

« Reply #332 on: December 14, 2014, 04:56:30 PM »

How to make FOG Project Multicast mode imaging happen in Debian Linux.
Yeah.. it took some 4-5 days, but now I know.
smeghead
Twin Famicom
Croatia Croatia

« Reply #333 on: December 16, 2014, 10:33:08 AM »

I learned that soon we'll be able to buy alcohol powder (palcohol) in stores!  Grin

http://uk.eonline.com/news/534387/everything-you-need-to-know-about-powdered-alcohol-the-newest-and-possibly-the-worst-way-to-get-drunk
number47
AV Famicom
Estonia Estonia

Zhiliton 938-A

« Reply #334 on: December 16, 2014, 02:09:48 PM »

No supprise. For centuries you have had a possibility to consume liquid bread - if you know what I mean  Wink
smeghead
Twin Famicom
Croatia Croatia

« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2015, 11:13:26 AM »

I learned this.

Mo-hd
Famicom
Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia

« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2015, 12:09:58 PM »

I learned this.

Hi.  Grin

On the scarf it say Miss Morals. it's not a beauty contest. Quotation ( This one is all about "inner beauty," pun intended. This young women were judged based on their achievements in school, home, social events, community service as well as religious duties ).  Cheesy
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #337 on: January 17, 2015, 01:22:58 PM »

Haha burn!  Nice come back Mo Smiley  Now if only Saudi women can be treated as humans somewhat on the same level as men, like this image would like to suggest.

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun
United States United States

« Reply #338 on: February 18, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »

AV Famicom was packaged without an AC adapter and AV cables.  Thanks, Famicom Dojo Cheesy
famiac
Twin Famicom

« Reply #339 on: February 22, 2015, 04:58:12 AM »

I learned this.

Hi.  Grin

On the scarf it say Miss Morals. it's not a beauty contest. Quotation ( This one is all about "inner beauty," pun intended. This young women were judged based on their achievements in school, home, social events, community service as well as religious duties ).  Cheesy

Hah, malaket jamal al akhlaq. That's really interesting. If only women's rights in saudi/middle east in general were more advanced.

member #844 and 565
Mo-hd
Famicom
Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia

« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2015, 06:21:23 AM »

A Man Changes His Name To Playstation 2 !! Bob-omb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/uk/newsid_1844000/1844194.stm

zmaster18
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #341 on: March 01, 2015, 02:24:47 AM »

I learned that learning 6502 assembly isn't as hard as I initially thought. I'm starting to get the hang of it and would love to pursue developing games.
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #342 on: July 08, 2015, 01:24:35 AM »

I learned that those multi-purpose scanner / printer all-in-1 devices are mostly designed NOT to work if the ink cartridge is low, even if you are just using the scanner portion.  It seems to me, that is a great way to force people into purchasing overpriced ink cartridges, even if they rarely print and just want to scan documents.

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com
UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun

« Reply #343 on: July 08, 2015, 01:28:00 AM »

Printers in general are such a scam.  I remember the first printer my family had (around '94) would try to print even if you didn't have a cartridge in there.  You'd get a warning, but it would try anyway if you wanted it to.  Now you get stuck with printers that swear they can't print because they're out or low on some ink color (often, in my experience, when there is actually ink left in the cartridges!).  Total scam.
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #344 on: July 08, 2015, 08:07:49 AM »

I have a Cannon all-in-one MP560, and while it warns you that the head can be damaged if you keep printing when the ink is low (which I doubt it can, plus the head is replaceable) it's fully possible to force it to print anyway (just requires an extra button press). I keep printing until the print outs come out bad as a result of insufficient ink.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: