April 29, 2024, 06:47:13 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DDCecil

A Garage sale find! Found the 2 games and controllers for $5 total:

I'm cleaning them right now.

This isn't video game related, but I love the show (recently bought the entire series on DVD) and picked this up:

Pikkon

wholesalewatch648

on the way from yamatoku - classic comes another find i am very excited to post here!! it shipped SAL on Aug 13 so figure it will be  here around the first or second week of October.
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

featherplucknfilms

Quote from: stealthlurker on August 24, 2014, 09:50:31 am
Quote from: wholesalewatch648 on August 23, 2014, 09:10:22 pm
stealthlurker: wondering, do you have an open ANN Vhs? i would n't ask you to open the sealed one of course, but if you have opened on,  i would love to see what is on it.

It shocked me seeing the Japanese version of The Wizard that I had to get it. Actually a bit rare too from what I later saw.

Me too!  Wow! I'm gonna have to start digging deeper in the VHS bargain bins.  It's kind of interesting that this was even released in Japan since the surprise moment was the unveiling of SMB3 but in Japan it had already been available for a year when the movie came out in US, plus it must have taken some time after that to be released in Japan.  The original price is amazing...15000yen!! And only 3% sales tax :)

L___E___T

How on earth was it originally 15,000?  That makes no sense to me - wow..
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

Well did you know that VHS tapes in America were $100 at first (back when people usually rented tapes rather than bought).

Also Japanese movie DVDs and Blu-rays on release are like $70-80 bucks! So this does not surprise me one bit.

BTW.... the Wizard actually wasn't released in Japan until 1993 !!!

L___E___T

'93, incredible, the demand was there though!

LOL, I couldn't give VHS CIBs away a few years back, alas :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

wholesalewatch648

the sad part is i had a sealed vhs from 1983 with the original price of $39.95 on it. it is a museum documentary on pictures  ::)
ended up giving to goodwill about a month ago without even opening it up. i guess i should have waited and bought
bubble bobble part 2 and left it sealed instead ::)
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

L___E___T

So, this is now officially a thing I have to add to the list:

Surely, SURELY this means a Famicom version also awaits???

I already decided to get the Super Famicom style JP version at some stage - but this I have to get on launch day!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

I hope so. The thing that bugs me about the SFC style one is that the white one isn't in XL  >:(

L___E___T

Oh, I read somewhere that it was also in XL?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

wholesalewatch648

September 11, 2014, 02:42:32 pm #3836 Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:36:51 pm by The Uninvited Gremlin
i know i am late to the ouya bandwagon but decided to get one to see what its all about
just hooked it up and it is doing a firmware upgrade by the looks of it

stealthlurker

Quote from: L___E___T on September 10, 2014, 11:53:10 pm
Oh, I read somewhere that it was also in XL?

I believe so from the pictures I've seen.... SFC button colors on an XL/LL.  However white/grey is only on the smaller version.

Quote from: wholesalewatch648 on September 11, 2014, 02:42:32 pm
i know i am late to the ouya bandwagon but decided to get one to see what its all about
just hooked it up and it is doing a firmware upgrade by the looks of it

Are you planning to do emulator stuff with it? I've hooked up an OUYA to a CRT using an HDMI to s-video converter. Works out pretty nice. Also USB SEGA Saturn pads and the NeoGeo X joystick work with it stock (no mods/tweaks needed). Also nice that you can just plug in a mouse and keyboard (those work stock too).

Running the PCE.emu emulator

wholesalewatch648

yea, my plan was doing emulation with it.  i was wondering can it emulate nintendo gameboy, snes, n64 ? i am a novice on the device so far.

stealthlurker

Yes to everything you've listed. Basically whatever Android can emulate, it can do it.