March 29, 2024, 06:13:45 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

I went to a "Japan market" thing in Stockholm today, and at one of the tables I see a couple boxed SFC games, a Sailor Moon game and.. Hyper Iria. As I saw the box standing behind another with the price tag of 200 SEK(18 Euro, 20 dollars maybe?) I walked further to see if it would actually be 2000, but no it actually WAS 200.

That price for Hyper Iria boxed is insanely low, I'm somewhat sure it would be 10 times that if sold at a Super Potato or ebay, the cheapest on Yahoo auctions right now is 20000 yen(1700 SEK). And this table was on the other side of the room of Japanspel (fredJ 's shop) :)

The box even contained a photo of the woman(I assume) who played Iria in the live-action movie based on the OVA, with what I think is passwords written on the back. Not signed or anything, but still very cool.

A good day.

That Guy from Faxanadu

That's an awesome find! Not only a cool game, but that photo with passwords makes it even more unique! It kind of has a story to tell... congratulations!

pxlbluejay

August 16, 2019, 03:57:43 am #4202 Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:05:04 am by pxlbluejay
Hyundai Super Comboy 1 player bundle with 2 games(Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country) with all original cables and adapter for ₩170000($140). Not exactly a good deal but I'm still happy!
Edit: I also got a SFC Top Racer 2 cart(or Top Gear 2 if you live in the US) with the Super Comboy
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

Jedi Master Baiter

September 17, 2019, 07:07:28 pm #4203 Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:33:24 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
Okay, not a game, but this beauty was on the sidewalk on my walking route.

I took it home, plugged it in, pressed the DVD tray buttons, and it works! :o Now I've just gotta clean it up and see if all the connectors work. I hope it can still reads DVDs.

Edit: BTW, it goes over 100 channels. I don't have an RF Famicom, but still... if anyone finds a Sansui TV like this, get it!

Edit: the DVD player doesn't work and there's a red tint at the corner of the screen. :(

Edit: I opened up the TV to try to see what's wrong with the DVD player, but the damn thing is too much to get to: wires all connected/soldered to the bracket, screws I can't get to unless I completely disconnect the CRT screen. >:(

UglyJoe

P

Oooh good find! Was it expensive?

UglyJoe

Not especially pricey. It was on sale in Japan (still is, I think) so I got a friend to buy and ship it for me.

L___E___T

Dang, been after a set of those for ages!  Can't find one for a decent price.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

Like I said, Nintendo has them on sale right now if you have a contact with a Nintendo Switch Online account:

L___E___T

I usually ask Manuel to help but I think they limit them to one per customer...
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Dreammary

I bought this lightly used fully functional Gameboy Light for $56.
By a simple switching of mirror Super Mario Bros. will become Dream Mary!

L___E___T

Great deal!  The GBL is my favourite version of the original pre-GBC Gameboys.  Great price for a Silver, let alone a Gold.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Dreammary

Yes, I was excited when I won the bid on a gold one especially one in such good condition.

Dreammary

Pikkon

Got a official sfc rgb cable,already swap the pins around so now it's wired for euro scart.