March 28, 2024, 02:39:35 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 12:58:19 pm by JC
This is where you can document all of your purchases!

Any 16-bit game, accessory or merchandise find goes here.

See the other threads for:

Finds (Famicom/FDS)
Finds (NES)

NESHero

I just won Super Bomberman off ebay.
Also known as Pineapplehead.
Australian Retro gamer.

Doc

NESHero

I think its the 1st one
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&item=260021850650&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Also known as Pineapplehead.
Australian Retro gamer.

nes_pwnerer

Odyssey 2 system CIB
NES Uforce controller CIB
Sega Genesis Activator CIB
Genesis EA 4-player adaptor CIB
Quickshot NES/MS/MSX/Atari wireless controllers CIB

All for $80

JC

Picked up a neon light XBox 360 sign for $20 shipped. I'm not sure if that's a deal, but it was listed as "XB360" and ended without any bids. My little bro is into the 360, so I got it for him, sort of as a holiday present. :)

JC

Well, I haven't gotten it yet to confirm what seller paid to ship it, but the shipping was listed as $15, with a start bid of $10. After the auction ended, I e-mailed the seller and told him I'd take it off his hands for $20 shipped.

Jedi Master Baiter

F-Zero for the SNES for 4.98. 8) The thing with it was that there was a crack in the bottom part of the cartridge where the connectors are.  There was also something loose inside.  I opened it up & found that the pieces were still there, so I glued them back together.

It's great  being able to restore an old game back together. :D

I still haven't played this - is it great?  I've only played F-Zero X before, which I recently got. ;D

nes_pwnerer

F-Zero for the SNES is a classic. It's not as fast as its N64 and GC counterparts, but still a good time. My only gripe with it is that it's only 1 player (though this can be forgiven, as this is a launch title for the SNES) and everyone really slides around the track except Samurai Goroh (Fire Stingray). Actually, just be the Fire Stingray; fastest and heaviest vehicle, great for the Death Wind tracks!

Another thing: No one can die but you and you can't knock the others around. As soon as you touch them, you go flying into the wall! No matter though, as it is still great fun and rather challenging.

Jedi Master Baiter

It's only one player? ??? That sure bites, I was expecting it to be 2.  So I take it Mario Kart was released later?

madman

Yea, Mario Kart was released a bit later and contained a DSP chip.  The SNES MK is a great game, the N64 one was pretty good as well.  Gamecube version stinks, I wouldn't have it but I got the pack last year with the Cube, 2 controllers and MK for $99 :)

FamicomFreak

TMNT 4 turtles in time at flea market for 5 bucks
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

FamicomFreak

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on January 10, 2007, 12:20:08 pm
TMNT 4 rocks! :D Too bad it wasn't 4 players. :(

tell me about it that would have totally made it my #1 pick when all my friends come over to play classic games.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

madman

Just scored a Vectrex!  I haven't played that thing in over 15 years.  What a fun little system that was.

TheSSNintendo

I picked up a Wii this morning from Circuit City.